Game Salute
United States
Londonderry
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Available for the first time in the US, Keyper is the first new medieval game in the "Key" series since the award-winning Keyflower. Keyper features special folding game boards, new mechanics, and hundreds of beautiful components. Back it here: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/rnd/keyper?ref=bggforum...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Kotler
United States
Miami
Florida
flag msg tools
I Love Heavy Dry Soulless Euros!!!
badge
When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That's my religion.
mbmbmbmbmb
What is the difference between this version versus the other version I backed on Kickstarter a while back?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juan Crespo
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BlueDane wrote:
What is the difference between this version versus the other version I backed on Kickstarter a while back?
Depends if you pledged for the Standard or the Character Edition. The Standard edition should be the same, as I understand.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Game Salute
United States
Londonderry
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
juanma99 wrote:
BlueDane wrote:
Depends if you pledged for the Standard or the Character Edition. The Standard edition should be the same, as I understand.

That is correct! The last campaign run by R&D was for the Character Edition with the Standard Edition available as an add-on. This is just the Standard Edition. That campaign was also run from Europe so US backers will find friendlier shipping costs here (in this case, free).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TJ H
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
Is this price any better than post-KS OLGS price? How much gap is usually there between KS delivery and OLGS release?

I wish there's at least one thing that makes use of KS more reasonable. When you click pledge, it tells "Kickstarter is not a store. It's a way to bring creative projects to life". But GS even states that it's already printed and everyone knows this is an obvious form of pre-order.

Why don't Game Salute just takes direct pre-order and make it $5 cheaper by avoiding KS fee?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.C.Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well it is free US shipping
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Salewski
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
I'm only happy when it rains...
mbmbmbmbmb
xlist21 wrote:
Is this price any better than post-KS OLGS price? How much gap is usually there between KS delivery and OLGS release?

I wish there's at least one thing that makes use of KS more reasonable. When you click pledge, it tells "Kickstarter is not a store. It's a way to bring creative projects to life". But GS even states that it's already printed and everyone knows this is an obvious form of pre-order.

Why don't Game Salute just takes direct pre-order and make it $5 cheaper by avoiding KS fee?

If anyone had an answer to these questions I suspect they'd have posted them to the people who asked them already

(As someone who has given their best, fairly educated guess in another thread.)

They are literally using it as a store. They say they are already printed. You can buy other games already printed. They must have some kind of superuser deal with kickstarter or something.

It will be on sale a little cheaper somewhere, someday. It will also be out of print forever/ temporarily and be worth more than 59 dollars someday.

Really for the game you get this isn't a terrible deal. Terraforming mars is ten bucks cheaper and this blows it out of the water component wise and I suspect gives it a run for its money gamewise. Ya know, if you're sick of comparisons to keyflower. (Those are two of my favorite euros and I suspect this one will join it.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott C.
United States
Puyallup
WA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not a bad price when you think about not having to pay tax and free shipping. Keyflower continues to hold it's value and doesn't drop in price that often. Back! Looking forward to this game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Leitner
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Your alternative is to buy it from a European online shop, which is what I chose to do. If you bundle it with other games to make the shipping costs more efficient, you’ll get it sooner and for (very) slightly less money.

If that’s not your cup of tea, use the GS Kickstarter. I’ve done that before, too (with GS), and have no complaints.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Game Salute
United States
Londonderry
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all, the MSRP for Keyper is $70 USD, so it's actually a pretty good discount for $59 USD on the Kickstarter, especially if you're in the US and want free shipping. Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher H
msg tools
Oh the video on the kickstarter made me think it would have character meeples... Bummer

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TJ H
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
Game Salute wrote:
Hi all, the MSRP for Keyper is $70 USD, so it's actually a pretty good discount for $59 USD on the Kickstarter, especially if you're in the US and want free shipping. Thanks!

Well. Previously GS Kickstarter had cheaper price. For example, Key to the City London was offered at $50 for $70 MSRP. Keyflower was offered at $45 for $60-$65 MSRP.

Does it mean that Keyper just comes with Shipping included to make it look like a better deal when its not?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Game Salute
United States
Londonderry
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We feel $59 for $70 MRSP is still a good deal Keep in mind that every product is different. For example Keyper has a smaller print run than Keyflower, which makes it a bit more exclusive.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.