12 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Recommendations

Subject: Game for a 5 and a 7 year old rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lucas Morão
Brazil
flag msg tools
So, I have zero knowledge when it comes to children games, since I have none around and there's not many published in Brazil, aside from Rhino Hero and Animal Upon Animal.

I have a friend that lives in Sweden and I want to send a gift to her sons, 5 and 7 years old and I need some help! Something that the 5 years old can grasp and the 7 years old will have fun. It doesn't need to be the games mentioned, as I'll buy the games on a swedish online store (probably world of board games) and will send it to their house.

I'd appreciate a lot, because I'm on uncharted territory with kids games and I want both of 'em to have fun together.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joey Larsen
United States
Orem
Utah
flag msg tools
The Joeymans chose one to lead them.....The Joeyman
badge
Anyone who thinks that Avatar is a guy with a blue face needs an airbender
mbmbmbmbmb
Sushi Go or Brandon the Brave worked with mine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Kendrick
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
E pluribus unum
badge
mb
Kingdomino Is a good bet. Can be grasped and played with both of those ages. My daughters are 5 and 8 and we have played several 3 and 4 player games with the two of them. They love it.

Sleeping Queens and Rat-a-Tat Cat are other options.

My 8 year old loves Adventure Land. I think a 5 year old could play it with some help from an adult.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laura Creighton
Sweden
Göteborg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is the idea that they will be playing the game against each other, alone, or with their parent(s)?

https://bradspelspriser.se/about for finding the best prices.
but http://spelifocus.se/ is left out for some reason.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Wilder
Canada
North York
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure about worldwide distribution, but if the kids are going to play without adult help Loopin' Chewie is something they could handle, and its fun at all ages.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Dienz
United States
Shelburne
Vermont
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In that age group Outfoxed has been a big hit with all families that I showed it to.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Vore
United States
Lebanon
Oregon
flag msg tools
Send me a trade offer!
badge
I WANT MY TWO DOLLARS!
mbmbmbmbmb
My son and I play Hey, That's My Fish!, various Lego games, and Susi Spinne often. He is learning to read which opens up more options. We also play Formula D, which is by far is favorite.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dsco bee
United Kingdom
Leeds
flag msg tools
Bgg cultist
badge
Bgg cultist
mbmbmbmbmb
Santorini could be suitable, the five year old might need a little help with the rules to start off with.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray
United States
Mansfield
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Matthew 10: 29-31
mbmbmbmbmb
Crossing is an excellent game that is easy. One could just get a bag of gems and play as well!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Grubert
United States
San Diego
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
There you go- "Ticket To Ride First Journey", a game that my 6 year old has been playing non-stop:
https://www.worldofboardgames.com/ticket-to-ride-first-journ...

dscoBee82 wrote:
Santorini could be suitable, the five year old might need a little help with the rules to start off with.
I was going to write something snarky here, but then double-checked the Santorini game description and apparently it is BGG recommended for 6+ years. My personal feeling would have been 14+ given how it fried my brain last time I tried it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Iwan Kandinshuk
Russia
flag msg tools
6 nimmt! for the seven year old, and Splish Splash Catapult for the five year old (two samll games, both of them are not expensive, and I'd consider it nice if you have one game for each kid).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gian Hao
Philippines
flag msg tools
My 6 yo plays Sushi Go!, Organ attack and Carcassonne with us
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.