Last Blitzkrieg» Forums » Rules

Subject: Ranges of different support units rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Horst Wolfen
Germany
flag msg tools
Hello Geeks,

what about range of the different supporting armies? Does it follow the same concept of artillery, meaning that the whole range of the HQ covers the region in which the support is existent ?

For example: An infantry unit comes under attack 10 hexes away from the formation`s HQ. Does now get this defending unit support from the Stand off-unit connected and placed next to the HQ hex ?

Any help would be appreciated kiss
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austin Richards
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
An infantry unit (no AV) out of its parent HQ's command radius gets support (assuming support isn't dropped for some other reason 9.2i). However, if that unit's support is dropped in an engagement, and it is out of command radius, it doesn't get support back until the conditions in 9.2i are met.

I suppose the idea is that the tank platoon stays with the wayward battalion but if it gets smacked around a little, the tanks go back to division HQ or can't get new treads or whatever.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean Essig
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
Austin is exactly correct.

If a unit was in the right location the last time it had to 'replenish' its support, it will keep it no matter how far it goes from there...this only matters when the support gets dropped somehow.

At which point the unit is not in a position where it can get it back easily.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Horst Wolfen
Germany
flag msg tools
Thanx to you all. Helps a lot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.