Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

Last Blitzkrieg» Forums » Rules

Subject: Overview of different kind of attacks / engagements urgently needed !! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Horst Wolfen
Germany
flag msg tools
Hello Geeks,

after reading the rules 2 times, starting to play one of the little scenarios for hours and watching a lets play on youtube also 2 times I am still confused by the different kind of attacks / engagements.

Is there any brief overview where I can learn which units have to be involved in the differnt attacking types ?

Please help. I think I would like to love the game - but it seems the overwhelming options and combinations of assists and the style it is written in the rules is too much for me dumbass... cry

I played Unconditional Surrender, Normandy 44 and Red Winter with pleasure - but I am on the verge of giving up this game... cry

Any help with a file or document would be appreciated kiss
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim F
United Kingdom
Birmingham
West Midlands
flag msg tools
Who knew trench warfare could be such fun?
badge
Ashwin in front of Tiger 131
mbmbmbmbmb

There's one I posted on the LB forum on BGG.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austin Richards
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
You might want to simplify the problem by lining up two infantry divisions without support and going at it, then add support, then switch out an infantry for an armored division, then two armored divisions. In practice it is simpler than it seems, and BCS is worth sticking with.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Łukasz
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
Non vi sed virtute, not armis sed arte paritur victoria.
badge
e^{i · π} + 1 = 0
mb
What exactly you want to know?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean Essig
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
The types of attacks and engagements are much like a tool box.

Certain methods work well in some situations and not so well in others. (See also fixing a pipe leak armed with a saw and a screw driver...)

It would look very confusing if you took even a modest collection of tools and dumped them on the floor in front of you without knowing what they can do, can do well, and do very poorly.

Best way to find that out is to set up little situations (just a few counters, or like was suggested above a division on each side, for some that would be too many units to get the point across). Try a few on a few. Different types of units, different terrains, support vs. no support, and so on. Don't try to figure out in advance if its the smart thing or not, just work the problem and see what happens. The results will speak for themselves.

In the simplest sense (such as knowing that a hammer pounds nails, without seeing what happens when you try to hammer screws with it...), you get:

Engagements: How AV units can interact with each other. Used to kill them, drive them off, or in the case of Support, clear the support so they can't help with an attack/defense.

Attacks: Taking ground from the bad guys. Regular Attacks are set up with all the fixings to get the job done, Shock Attacks are done off the fly, with less preparation and fewer things you can do to help them succeed.

Artillery (and Air): Can help attacks (by increasing the DRM or making more loses, choose one), help defenses (by the creation of Prepared Defenses) or can be used to just kill things on its own.

AV units can't "engage" non-AV units, but can do a form of barrage called Attack by Fire against them... which acts like and is resolved the same way as the artillery 'just kill things on its own' version above.

Did I miss anything?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Horst Wolfen
Germany
flag msg tools
Thanx for all the good advice and hints. it really helps a lot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim F
United Kingdom
Birmingham
West Midlands
flag msg tools
Who knew trench warfare could be such fun?
badge
Ashwin in front of Tiger 131
mbmbmbmbmb

Once you get up and running you will see what an outstanding system this is.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.