Subject: some rules questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Frank Böttcher
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Page 6 Heroes Strategy
Why should I ever not turn a card face up in the Hand slots ?

Page 7 End of round
When exactly can the Oni-player reveal his Identity ? After the Accusations of the Heroes ?

Page 8 The Final Battle
The Battle lasts an unlimited number of rounds ?
The Oni-player must eliminate only ONE hero (after the start of the Final Battle) to win and not the whole party ?

Page 13 Follower Cards - Kamis
"When summoned, its Kami-token is flipped to reveal its RED side." - I assume it must be the other side ?

Page 14 Equipment cards
If the hero makes an equipment-reorganize-action, the new cards in the Hand-slots are placed face-down and he can only use/turn-up them in the next Strategy Phase ?

Page 16 The Alarm was raised
After the alarm was raised the Oni-player may activate all mundane servants on every tile and the corruption Tokens have no more function ?

Page 16 Supernatural Creatures
"in either case, the Heroes are considered to have successfully unmasked the Oni." - That's 4 safe points for the heroes ! Is there no possibility for the Oni-player to prevent this ?

Page 18/19 Corruption track
Is it correct that the Enhancement-tokens are placed on enhancement-trees from the left (the single starting slot) along the white lines to the right side ?
If "yes" I don't understand the upper part (Supernatural Creatures) of the example ?
There are only 8 rounds on the Track - What happens after round 8 ?

On the track on Boardgamegeek is the following text:
During the strategy phase discard 2 event cards to spawn ...
Identical Supernatural Creatures (Minions and/or Lieutnants) => How many ?
4 Identical Mundane Servants => What about Lieuntnants ?

Page 21 Clue cards
Are all clue card-effects only active in the current round or are some active for the rest of the game ?
If the oni-player must give his secret Oni-card to the heroes, he "reveals a unique weakness" - For example Oni-Yama has "Defense 1" on his clue-card => so his Defense for the Final Battle is only 1 ? Or is his normal defense reduced by 1 ?
How many accusations may the heroes make in the End of the round phase: Only 1 for Nature and 1 for Identity or as much as they like (up to 3 unsecessful accusations) ?

Page 23 Prohibited Tiles
If a hero moves to a prohibited tile he must make a sneak test - If he is succesful: When must the hero make the next sneak test ?
If the test is failed the Mundane servants surround the hero, "adjacent agents of the Oni" attack; What are "agents of the Oni" ? Do they attack if no Corruption Token is on the tile ? Is this an automatic "The alarm was raised" ?

Page 27 Condition Tokens
What happens if the condition token is placed on an Minion Character Card (Samurai, Ninja, Ashigaru) ?

I'm a Fan of the comics and I really like what they have done with the boardgame. I hope it will be a great success.
Last question :
On the top of the Kickstarter-site is a little Intro-Movie - Kubban Kiritsu in his Bunraku is mentioned and some new new characters: a puppet player, a bowman and an Ninja-Lady. Are these last 3 new characters from Hub ? Is there hope that we will see Kubban and the new 3 characters in this Kickstarter-campaign. Especially the Ninja-Lady would be an interesting addition for our heroes ... ninja

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
"GAME OVER, MAN. GAME OVER!"
Denmark
Aarhus
Unwashed and somewhat slightly dazed...
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
I'm a Fan of the comics and I really like what they have done with the boardgame. I hope it will be a great success.
Last question :
On the top of the Kickstarter-site is a little Intro-Movie - Kubban Kiritsu in his Bunraku is mentioned and some new new characters: a puppet player, a bowman and an Ninja-Lady. Are these last 3 new characters from Hub ? Is there hope that we will see Kubban and the new 3 characters in this Kickstarter-campaign. Especially the Ninja-Lady would be an interesting addition for our heroes ... ninja

I, and a few other backers, have asked about a Bunraku in the KS comments section, and Red Joker's answers seem to indicate that this is planned. As for the others, I don't know. But I do believe that all artwork for the game is by Hub. Either taken from the comics, or drawn specifically for the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David soubaigne
msg tools
@ Frank: Your questions are really rule-specific. So I let THE RED JOKER answer you directly.
He's answering you very soon.
I can tell you that ALL graphics (cards, tiles, books...) will be done by HUB for sure.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Böttcher
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Any chance that someone from THE RED JOKER is answering the questions ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frédérick condette
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Baerenkeks wrote:
Any chance that someone from THE RED JOKER is answering the questions ?

Hello,
Yes, I will take the time to answer the questions. Currently, I am demonstrating on a big international event in France. I'm coming back on Monday. I will take the time to answer in the week.
Thank you for your understanding.

-Maïly-
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Gazis
Greece
Athens
Piraeus
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Baerenkeks wrote:

Page 8 The Final Battle
The Oni-player must eliminate only ONE hero (after the start of the Final Battle) to win and not the whole party ?

And if the final battle begins, and the Oni player uses his/hers 1st action to attack a hero that ends up eliminating him/her, can he use his 2nd action to escape? I guess it must be simple as that...

Final battle page of the rulebook needs lots of clarifications or some good examples. And also what happens after the 8th round? play continues or its the final round of the game?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ishii Kimi
msg tools
gazis wrote:
Baerenkeks wrote:

Page 8 The Final Battle

And if the final battle begins, and the Oni player uses his/hers 1st action to attack a hero that ends up eliminating him/her, can he use his 2nd action to escape? I guess it must be simple as that...

Final battle page of the rulebook needs lots of clarifications or some good examples. And also what happens after the 8th round? play continues or its the final round of the game?

I am putting a copy here what is found in the rules in French
After the turn 8.
If the game extends beyond Turn 8, the Oni player may move 1 Corruption token of his choice during the Strategy Phase of each new turn.
All improvements from previous rounds remain valid.

When the timer runs out after round 8 and the game is not finished, it just continue but the Oni player extended his influence at max.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frédérick condette
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello !

Here are some answer to your questions

Why should I ever not turn a card face up in the Hand slots ?

This is your choice : face daown the oni can't see them

Page 7 End of round

When exactly can the Oni-player reveal his Identity ? After the Accusations of the Heroes ?

He can reveal himself at the end of a turn (if he wishes) and he must reveal himself if the accusation is right

Page 8 The Final Battle

exactly

Page 13 Follower Cards - Kamis
"When summoned, its Kami-token is flipped to reveal its RED side." - I assume it must be the other side ?

yes indeed

Page 14 Equipment cards
If the hero makes an equipment-reorganize-action, the new cards in the Hand-slots are placed face-down and he can only use/turn-up them in the next Strategy Phase ?

this rule doesn't exist anymore. now, a hero can reorganize its equipment cards at the end of a turn, freely

Page 16 The Alarm was raised
After the alarm was raised the Oni-player may activate all mundane servants on every tile and the corruption Tokens have no more function ?

yes. They are no needed anymore.

Page 16 Supernatural Creatures
"in either case, the Heroes are considered to have successfully unmasked the Oni." - That's 4 safe points for the heroes ! Is there no possibility for the Oni-player to prevent this ?

In fact, we re working on something where the heroes are forced to make accusations. So, if the oni want to prevent to be unmasked he has to forbid the heroes to draw too much Clue cards.

Page 18/19 Corruption track
Is it correct that the Enhancement-tokens are placed on enhancement-trees from the left (the single starting slot) along the white lines to the right side ?
If "yes" I don't understand the upper part (Supernatural Creatures) of the example ?

On the upper part, Oni player has to choose a branch and follow it (ex: he choses to gives +1 SPEED to all its supernatural creature and then he will have to choose the bleeding effect)

There are only 8 rounds on the Track - What happens after round 8 ?

A game end when the Oni is killed or he succeeded to flee. If it takes more than 8 turns that just mean the Oni get to its full potential

On the track on Boardgamegeek is the following text:
During the strategy phase discard 2 event cards to spawn ...
Identical Supernatural Creatures (Minions and/or Lieutnants) => How many ?
Now it's up to 2 supernatural Creatures (if you want to make appear a Lieutenant, he will come alone)

4 Identical Mundane Servants => What about Lieuntnants ? Once a Mundane Servants Lieutenant is dead, he can't return from the dead that way

Page 21 Clue cards
Are all clue card-effects only active in the current round or are some active for the rest of the game ?

They re all have immediate effect

If the oni-player must give his secret Oni-card to the heroes, he "reveals a unique weakness" - For example Oni-Yama has "Defense 1" on his clue-card => so his Defense for the Final Battle is only 1 ? Or is his normal defense reduced by 1 ?

its reduced by 1 !

How many accusations may the heroes make in the End of the round phase: Only 1 for Nature and 1 for Identity or as much as they like (up to 3 unsecessful accusations) ?

They can make 1 for nature and 1 for identity

Page 23 Prohibited Tiles
If a hero moves to a prohibited tile he must make a sneak test - If he is succesful: When must the hero make the next sneak test ?

It's not when he moves to a prohibited tile but when he finishes a Move Action into a prohibited tile that he makes the test.
If he 's successfull, he will make another test when he will finis another move action in a prohibited tile

If the test is failed the Mundane servants surround the hero, "adjacent agents of the Oni" attack; What are "agents of the Oni" ? Do they attack if no Corruption Token is on the tile ? Is this an automatic "The alarm was raised" ?

It should be "all the Mundane servants are replaced on the tile and have a free attack" there s no need of a corruption token. Guards do their job !
"alarm was raised" is different. it allows the ony player to use the mundane servants as he use supernatural creature (without corruption token) until the end of the game.

Page 27 Condition Tokens
What happens if the condition token is placed on an Minion Character Card (Samurai, Ninja, Ashigaru) ?

it can be as all Minions character have 1 health and are removed from the board after 1 successfull attack

Thank you very much and sorry to answer so late !

Last question :

Time will tell ! But you already seen the Ninja Lady in our third add on !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Burkhard Hannig
Germany
Neritz
flag msg tools
mbmb
@Frank
Thanks for asking

@Frederick
Thanks for answering

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Böttcher
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you Frederick.

It's good to see that the rules are not final.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.