Hide
6 Posts

Fire in the Lake» Forums » Rules

Subject: How many Special Activities is this? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
T Lerdner
msg tools
I have card 126 (Young Turks) in front of me right now. It reads "Each ARVN Govern Special Activity adds +2 to Patronage." Is each space the SA is executed in considered a separate SA or is at all considered one Special Activity, regardless of the the number of spaces executed in? The answer to this question determines whether, doing Govern in two spaces, would add a total of 2 or 4 additional Patronage.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay M
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
trevmon wrote:
I have card 126 (Young Turks) in front of me right now. It reads "Each ARVN Govern Special Activity adds +2 to Patronage." Is each space the SA is executed in considered a separate SA or is at all considered one Special Activity, regardless of the the number of spaces executed in? The answer to this question determines whether, doing Govern in two spaces, would add a total of 2 or 4 additional Patronage.

I read it as the "Special Activity" means exercising that entitlement according to the player-marker, COIN system. What we call an "Op Special."

If the Special Activity involves multiple territories, it's still one Op Special.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oerjan Ariander
Sweden
HUDDINGE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Race Bannon wrote:
trevmon wrote:

I read it as the "Special Activity" means exercising that entitlement according to the player-marker, COIN system. What we call an "Op Special."

Not quite. Your definition would exclude Special Activities executed by themselves due to being granted by Events...

One "Govern" Special Activity consists of one execution of the Procedure specified in rule 4.3.1 Govern. Note that the first sentence of the Procedure says "In each space, either:" (referring to the one or two COIN-Controlled spaces allowed for this SA), so both spaces are included in the same execution.

Quote:
If the Special Activity involves multiple territories, it's still one Op Special.

This is correct.

Regards,
Oerjan
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T Lerdner
msg tools
Ok. So, similarly, a March Operation with three destination spaces would only count as one March, not three. Is this correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
P. Fowler
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
We provide...
badge
The rich and powerful take what they want. We steal it back for you.
mbmbmbmbmb
trevmon wrote:
Ok. So, similarly, a March Operation with three destination spaces would only count as one March, not three. Is this correct?

Yes. This is one March operation that has been conducted in three separate spaces.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T Lerdner
msg tools
Great. Thanks for clearing this up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.