Hide
3 Posts

Pandemic Legacy: Season 2» Forums » General

Subject: Question for an all English spoilers index rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Amy Zee
msg tools
Coming from playing the Dutch version of Pandemic Legacy: Season 1, we played wrong due to translation errors.

I've played it with two different groups, and with the second group we used the thread below to fix translation errors. This run went way more smoothly.

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1462714/translation-errors-...

Season 2 also has a Dutch version. A friend of mine bought it for me at Spiel Essen 2017 (and another one for himself). We both wanted to buy the English version to miss some possible translation errors, but it was sold out way too quickly. (about 45 minutes after the opening of the convention?)

Now, with the possibility of other major mistakes, I'm more guarded, more hesitant to start playing Season 2.

We can wait until another thread is created with all kinds of translation error fixes like the thread above. Or, if people would be so kind, can someone post a full spoiler of the English instruction texts and rule texts?

When I am instructed to open something or do some action, then I can compare it to the relevant English text and avoid further translation errors. I think this will also help Pandemic players of other non-English languages.

If I find an error, I can also post it whenever our group gets to the relevant point in the campaign. But I need the original text to compare it to.

If there is no full text available, it's also fine if you just post the instruction texts whenever you come to the relevant point in your campaign, posting it in small pieces.

Thanks for your help.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Heather Ramsden
United Kingdom
Birmingham
West Midlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The English rule book is up here:

https://images-cdn.zmangames.com/us-east-1/filer_public/38/e...

That might help a bit
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amy Zee
msg tools
Great! But that’s only part of the puzzle.

But I want to know when a rule changes, what changes and what triggers it.

E.g. (using a non-pandemic theme to avoid spoilers) At the end of the summer, if less than 4 crops of tomatoes are planted, open the Lettuce box.

And inside the Lettuce box you find a rule sticker and some game components “At the beginning of a turn, place the Sun token on a tomato field. If you can’t, you gain 1 crop of your choice.”

Translation errors could be “less than 4”, the original trigger being “4 or less”. A maasive difficulty change.

If the English texts were available, I could check, know what to look out for, and play on the original trigger, rather than the translated one.

Hope that clears it up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.