Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Silberklinge Warlord
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi there!

After reading the rulebook, I have no idea how to produce/get ore or alpacas?
The only thing i could find is that there are characters who already have ore or alpaca at the beginning and that there are extensions, whre you can get them.
Did i overlook some important deatail?

I'm grateful for fast help. Want to play the game tonight! Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Heath
United Kingdom
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
youtube.com/c/slickerdrips
badge
There's a new sheriff in town
mbmbmbmbmb
Another way would be to get one of the boats for ore/alpacas, they'd each give you one
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jakub Suszek
Poland
flag msg tools
mb
Only Farmer can produce Alpaca by using Food.
Miner can produce Ore by using Food.

Other than those 2 role actions, the only possibility to produce those goods are extensions. There is listing of available extensions on page 12 of rulebook.

Extensions are bought by visiting Market and paying it's cost.

Keep in mind that player characters in this game are somewhat asymetrical and in most cases there is no need to produce all kind of goods. Instead focus on what your character can do best and cheaper than others. However extensions can sometimes give you new option.

Also take a look on cocoa extensions as none of starting abilities and actions let you do it and it's very usefull.

And yes, buying boats of your choice gives you 1 tile of specific good.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Chamberlain
England
Crawley
West Sussex
flag msg tools
mb

This is incorrect. The farm produces food, wool and cloth. The mine produces stone and silver. Alpaca can be used to produce food, wool and cloth (latter two need a food too). The mine produces stone with 2 food and silver with ore and food.

Think you may have mixed those up a bit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wojciech Gołowkow
Poland
Gliwice
US Armed Forces - Europe
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Magicarl3974 wrote:

This is incorrect. The farm produces food, wool and cloth. The mine produces stone and silver. Alpaca can be used to produce food, wool and cloth (latter two need a food too). The mine produces stone with 2 food and silver with ore and food.

Think you may have mixed those up a bit.

You misunderstood "Farmer" (starting role) with "Farm" (location) and "Miner" (starting role) with "Mine" (location).

The starting roles have role-specific actions that produce these goods
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.