Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric O. LEBIGOT
France
Versailles
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am planning to play a casual tournament with a single opponent, with a game played here and there over a long period of time. We will be using the (almost) complete collection (I am just missing 1 core and 2 Assault on Ulthuan).

What rules would you recommend, for tuning our decks? Maybe it is good to only allow the loser to tune the losing deck (or maybe all their decks if each player has multiple decks). Maybe it is good to put a limit on the number of cards (or cards by title) that can be swapped out. Maybe constraining updates to sets in historical order can be a nice way of exploring the game space, too. Etc. What do you suggest?

PS: I'll ask the same question for Android: Netrunner later, so your ideas might be relevant for that game too!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maik Hennebach
Germany
Frankfurt
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmb
Re: Recommandations for 2-player casual tournament?
Only letting the loser tune his deck worked very well in the excellent Scarab Lords, so I'd give that a go. The restriction there was a maximum of five cards that could be exchanged, which is probably a good starting point.

We did something similar late in our Netrunner Terminal Directive campaign, and pretty soon concluded that we should have done it right from the very start

If you want to relive the progress of the game's development, you might start with decks from Core Set and Ulthuan cards, and then restrict yourself to new cards from the first cycle for a couple of games.

lebigot wrote:
I am planning to play a casual tournament with a single opponent, with a game played here and there over a long period of time. We will be using the (almost) complete collection (I am just missing 1 core and 2 Assault on Ulthuan).

What rules would you recommend, for tuning our decks? Maybe it is good to only allow the loser to tune the losing deck (or maybe all their decks). Maybe it is good to put a limit on the number of cards (or cards by title) that can be swapped out. Maybe constraining updates to some sets can be a nice way of exploring the game space, too. Etc. What do you suggest?

PS: I'll ask the same question for Android: Netrunner later, so your ideas might be relevant for that game too!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.