Popular Tags: [View All]
King Maple
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I really think that the start of new campaign has been a little rough. Partly it is because it started so soon, as many still don't have their original copy and it adds to frustration.

For one thing, I'd gladly pay extra for shipping for new campaign not to use Ship Naked again.

But that's beside the point.

I want to thank Greenbrier Games for doing their best in a difficult situation. Their main goal is to make Folklore a bigger success than the previous Kickstarter is and their targets are set at retail, to make sure 'our friends' can buy Folklore as well. It is a GREAT goal, because I would LOVE to see Folklore flourish in the way TIME Stories flourishes with so many fan expansions.

I actually LOVE that they are not massively creating new content in 2nd printing. On one hand it makes me feel (as a 1st edition backer) that I already have everything, on the other hand I always prefer polish over explosion of new content that dilutes everything else that is already there.

I'd personally be happy if I get the errata cards and non-PDF actual prints of the scenarios and cards for the 1st edition that I have. I really want same quality character sheets for expansion characters as in base game. I'd love to pay for more variety content for events and other cards and I'd love something actually useful for trackers. And yes, I'd personally pay for all of that even though I may be in minority - I paid to get errata to Chip Theory Games as well.

In a way, Greenbrier Games has won my heart again with the way they've treated a difficult situation with problems that many have raised. And I don't think that whatever they end up deciding, it will be for the best for future of Folklore.

Just don't use Ship Naked again. #thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Bocketti
United States
Clifton Park
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well said! Make sure everyone takes that survey in KS#3 update. Potentially awesome add-ons if there is enough interest! Also I would like more rumors as an add-on or eventually.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
daman whodaman
msg tools
mbmb
I second your words... i really like what they did and have here.. hope they succeed as i did buy the game x2 so i can have certain things duplicate of... shouldn't break the game per say especially having certain abilities be nice

two thumbs up for them!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Hulting
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmb
I'm with you Kristo! Of course, Greenbrier could have been first on the ball to avoid all this mess. It's not like they didn't know there were certain things in the final product that backers might have a few issues with. Interesting how this developed from "nothing we can do" to this survey of possible solutions. Let's hope for the best as this could be a great game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
zee Parks
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Slashdoctor wrote:
I really think that the start of new campaign has been a little rough. Partly it is because it started so soon, as many still don't have their original copy and it adds to frustration.

For one thing, I'd gladly pay extra for shipping for new campaign not to use Ship Naked again.

I want to thank Greenbrier Games for doing their best in a difficult situation. Their main goal is to make Folklore a bigger success than the previous Kickstarter is and their targets are set at retail, to make sure 'our friends' can buy Folklore as well. It is a GREAT goal, because I would LOVE to see Folklore flourish in the way TIME Stories flourishes with so many fan expansions.

I actually LOVE that they are not massively creating new content in 2nd printing. On one hand it makes me feel (as a 1st edition backer) that I already have everything, on the other hand I always prefer polish over explosion of new content that dilutes everything else that is already there.

I'd personally be happy if I get the errata cards and non-PDF actual prints of the scenarios and cards for the 1st edition that I have. I really want same quality character sheets for expansion characters as in base game. I'd love to pay for more variety content for events and other cards and I'd love something actually useful for trackers. And yes, I'd personally pay for all of that even though I may be in minority - I paid to get errata to Chip Theory Games as well.

In a way, Greenbrier Games has won my heart again with the way they've treated a difficult situation with problems that many have raised. And I don't think that whatever they end up deciding, it will be for the best for future of Folklore.

Thanks Kristo, We are trying our best to make the best damn product we can, given the funds and time available. Also trying to listen to the community while also taking real world logistics into consideration so we can keep making games in the future w/o going bankrupt.

Quote:

I wish beyond all that is holy we had a new partner for fulfillment. Sadly I think it will be ship naked again, and yes I despise how long and vague their communication has been to us and via proxy to you the backers. Our company simply lacks the staff to handle this stuff properly, and thus we have to use a third party fulfillment partner to process campaigns of this maginitue. Eu mainland simply got the short end of the stick this time around(But it did EVENTUALLy get figured out for most folks).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Devin Taylor
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I found this post very strange. I pulled my backing from the original Kickstarter because Greenbrier seemed to be so money-grubbing. They refused to answer questions about what was and wasn't truly KS exclusive and were vague about many other aspects of the project. They did that whole "mystery box" thing. They added more and more stuff in an effort to make it more and more expensive to go all-in on an already expensive project. It felt like they tried to hook you in and then raised the price rather than being up-front on what the whole thing would cost. This latest project seems like more of the same.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Schmidt
Germany
flag msg tools
zeeparkes wrote:
Slashdoctor wrote:

Thanks Kristo, We are trying our best to make the best damn product we can, given the funds and time available. Also trying to listen to the community while also taking real world logistics into consideration so we can keep making games in the future w/o going bankrupt.

Quote:

I wish beyond all that is holy we had a new partner for fulfillment. Sadly I think it will be ship naked again, and yes I despise how long and vague their communication has been to us and via proxy to you the backers. Our company simply lacks the staff to handle this stuff properly, and thus we have to use a third party fulfillment partner to process campaigns of this maginitue. Eu mainland simply got the short end of the stick this time around(But it did EVENTUALLy get figured out for most folks).

Please noooooooo...! Let us pay more for shipping and do what ever needs to be done to not take ship naked again please! ;-)

Besides that:
Thx for this awesome game and your awesome team and always honest communications (besides shipping debacle) this game deserves more and more stuff for future new card addons for items road and off road events etc. Time will tell but i would be surprised if no further addons would be made for this outstanding game. And also thx for your hard work and fast responses to everything game related. That's what makes the difference in community care. I am definitely in for future addons no matter the price tag :-).

Thx again and again and again. I would say you can and should be damn proud of making this game a reality.

All the best
Peter
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
NZ Nick
United States
Medford
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Ship Naked are by far the slowest and worst shippers. I'd pay more for anyone else.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.