Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
197 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [8] | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » Religion, Sex, and Politics

Subject: Donna Brazile drops the dime on Hillary, throws in with the Bernie Bros. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
fightcitymayor
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
"This is a really weird game, and you’ll find that most people will not want to play this."
Avatar
mb
https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2017/11/02/clinton-b...

Backstabbing for fun & profit!

Tidbits:

* Obama hollowed out the DNC by ignoring it during his 8 years, left in in debt & disarray, as has been reported all along
Quote:
"Obama left the party $24 million in debt—$15 million in bank debt and more than $8 million owed to vendors after the 2012 campaign and had been paying that off very slowly,"


* Hillary invested her own $$$ to save the DNC, but in return got assurances that required she was basically running it, all decisions made through her
Quote:
Brazile said that DNC CEO Amy Dacey signed an agreement with Clinton campaign manager Robby Mook in August 2015 known as the Joint Fund-Raising Agreement, according to Brazile's new editorial in Politico. The agreement, which occurred between the DNC, Hillary Victory Fund and Hillary for America, stipulated that the Clinton campaign would raise money for and invest in the DNC in return for Clinton controlling the party's finances, strategy and money raised. It also required the DNC to consult with the campaign about "staffing, budgeting, data, analytics, and mailings," according to Brazile, and gave the campaign final decision-making power on staffing matters.


* Debbie Wasserman-Schultz was the patsy we all knew she was
Quote:
Debbie was not a good manager. She hadn’t been very interested in controlling the party—she let Clinton’s headquarters in Brooklyn do as it desired so she didn’t have to inform the party officers how bad the situation was. How much control Brooklyn had and for how long was still something I had been trying to uncover for the last few weeks.


* Even Donna Brazile thought the polls were fake news
Quote:
Bernie took this stoically. He did not yell or express outrage. Instead he asked me what I thought Hillary’s chances were. The polls were unanimous in her winning but what, he wanted to know, was my own assessment?

I had to be frank with him. I did not trust the polls, I said. I told him I had visited states around the country and I found a lack of enthusiasm for her everywhere. I was concerned about the Obama coalition and about millennials.

8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Born To Lose, Live To Win
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Metal Undivided, Chaos For All
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
fightcitymayor wrote:
Quote:
How much control Brooklyn had and for how long was still something I had been trying to uncover for the last few weeks.
Maybe she should get a deal going with the Russians for some emails.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fightcitymayor
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
"This is a really weird game, and you’ll find that most people will not want to play this."
Avatar
mb
Since the RSP liberals don't want to respond to their party being led by crooks, patsies, and dirtbags, let me say this:

I can't recall another instance where one party (the DNC) was basically being led both in name and in bank account by 1 person who also happened to be the presidential nominee, thus bringing the full weight of its time, money, and resources to bear for that 1 candidate.

And the other party (the RNC) actively working against their eventual standard-bearer, who would basically rely on grassroots support to overcome internal opposition.

And the party-machine candidate somehow, some way LOSES to the guy who didn't even get the benefit of his own machine until late in the process.

That's some rare stuff right there.
11 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Ellis
United States
Brookline
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
fightcitymayor wrote:
Since the RSP liberals don't want to respond to their party being led by crooks, patsies, and dirtbags


What you're citing here is a good example of why a lot of RSP liberals aren't Democrats.
18 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fightcitymayor
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
"This is a really weird game, and you’ll find that most people will not want to play this."
Avatar
mb
Chad_Ellis wrote:
fightcitymayor wrote:
Since the RSP liberals don't want to respond to their party being led by crooks, patsies, and dirtbags


What you're citing here is a good example of why a lot of RSP liberals aren't Democrats.
And this is chuckleworthy because for ages around these parts the Democratic candidate is typically always held up as the one true champion of "truth, justice, and the America way" and the Republican candidate is always the knuckledragging, reactionary moron who wants the poor to die in the streets. Until the sheet is pulled back to reveal a bed full of maggots and feces, and suddenly "Oh, no, you misunderstand, we may have voted for Obama twice, and Hillary in 2016, but we are definitely not Democrats! Nosirree!"

I see a lot of folks who want it both ways: Reflexively loving on Democratic politicians until the light shines, then suddenly, "Well, we're just liberals over here."
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Well... It explains why she was the candidate.

A) statements about not trusting the polls that show up months after the election are probably kind of dubious however. They'd have to prove they actually said anything remotely like that before the election.

B) from what you said I see Power politics but not anything illegal.

C) I am a liberal Democrat. I think the party is a bit soft headed. And I think the party is corrupted by big business interest. But I think it cares more for most of Americans like 80% of Americans than the Republicans. I think the Republicans are oppressive. I think the Republicans are bad for the country. I think the Republicans are going to run up huge debts while giving huge tax cuts to 2% of the country and when it comes time to pay the bill they're going to dump in dash.

I think Hillary Clinton cares a lot about America and would have looked out for its best interest. I think president Trump is crapping all over this nation, violating the Constitution, and the Republican party is letting him.

I think the Republican party is terrible at governing and I frequently hear them say that themselves when listening to conservative media.

I think the rational principled part of the party should stop supporting the theocratic crazy part of the party.

Nothing you posted makes me more likely to return to the Republican party. They are bad for most american citizens.
20 
 Thumb up
0.25
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Brown
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
fightcitymayor wrote:
Chad_Ellis wrote:
fightcitymayor wrote:
Since the RSP liberals don't want to respond to their party being led by crooks, patsies, and dirtbags


What you're citing here is a good example of why a lot of RSP liberals aren't Democrats.
And this is chuckleworthy because for ages around these parts the Democratic candidate is typically always held up as the one true champion of "truth, justice, and the America way" and the Republican candidate is always the knuckledragging, reactionary moron who wants the poor to die in the streets. Until the sheet is pulled back to reveal a bed full of maggots and feces, and suddenly "Oh, no, you misunderstand, we may have voted for Obama twice, and Hillary in 2016, but we are definitely not Democrats! Nosirree!"

I see a lot of folks who want it both ways: Reflexively loving on Democratic politicians until the light shines, then suddenly, "Well, we're just liberals over here."


This is unfortunately one of the psychological effects of unchecked competition and rivalries.

People tend to see their own side of the competition as saviors of mankind while the other side as Satan incarnate. You focus and exaggerate your candidates qualities and the other candidates flaws. You explain away any problems with their candidate and invent extra flaws for the other candidate.

It unfortunately hides the fact that your own candidate may also be horrible as well.

Another reason why I have felt that it is our bitter rivalry and hatred of each other that will ultimately end up destroying us.

I often have no hope for things to get better. I don't have a party to turn to. The Republican party has completely lost its mind out of hatred and the Democratic party has become completely corrupt. Money still rules both parties.

Edit: don't try to sell me on the Libertarian party as they are nuts also
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Born To Lose, Live To Win
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Metal Undivided, Chaos For All
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
fightcitymayor wrote:
And this is chuckleworthy because for ages around these parts the Democratic candidate is typically always held up as the one true champion of "truth, justice, and the America way" and the Republican candidate is always the knuckledragging, reactionary moron who wants the poor to die in the streets. Until the sheet is pulled back to reveal a bed full of maggots and feces, and suddenly "Oh, no, you misunderstand, we may have voted for Obama twice, and Hillary in 2016, but we are definitely not Democrats! Nosirree!"

I see a lot of folks who want it both ways: Reflexively loving on Democratic politicians until the light shines, then suddenly, "Well, we're just liberals over here."
You are better off qualifying your "liberal" tag usage. There are plenty of liberals who passionately supported and voted for Sanders and even Stein, who held their nose when the choice came down to vote for Clinton over Trump. Sure, there are Democrats on this board who will always choose the lesser of two evils because of the consequences of the choices the GOP makes, but that hardly encompasses "liberals". Moderate liberals is even more accurate a term to use, though still not all encompassing.
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.D. Hall
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
Meh. The Democrats have always been disorganized, fractious, and enjoy back-room deals. I do agree Clinton would have been far better in the Oval Office than the current occupant. The guy who drives the trash truck in my town would have been far better as well.

Reading Brazile's article gives me hope -- the Republicans have lots of money but a shrinking base, the Democrats have no money and a shrinking base. Maybe we'll get rid of both political parties and people will have to vote for individuals, not party affiliations.

And yeah, I also think there are herds of unicorns at the base of every rainbow who shit gold coins.
2 
 Thumb up
0.05
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Pennsylvania
msg tools
badge
Bitter acerbic harridan
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
TheChin! wrote:
fightcitymayor wrote:
And this is chuckleworthy because for ages around these parts the Democratic candidate is typically always held up as the one true champion of "truth, justice, and the America way" and the Republican candidate is always the knuckledragging, reactionary moron who wants the poor to die in the streets. Until the sheet is pulled back to reveal a bed full of maggots and feces, and suddenly "Oh, no, you misunderstand, we may have voted for Obama twice, and Hillary in 2016, but we are definitely not Democrats! Nosirree!"

I see a lot of folks who want it both ways: Reflexively loving on Democratic politicians until the light shines, then suddenly, "Well, we're just liberals over here."
You are better off qualifying your "liberal" tag usage. There are plenty of liberals who passionately supported and voted for Sanders and even Stein, who held their nose when the choice came down to vote for Clinton over Trump. Sure, there are Democrats on this board who will always choose the lesser of two evils because of the consequences of the choices the GOP makes, but that hardly encompasses "liberals". Moderate liberals is even more accurate a term to use, though still not all encompassing.


I know I only voted for Hillary because of Trump. Even then it took until about a few weeks before the election to decide.

It's also kind of rich that Brazile is acting like she was somehow manipulated. She was party to all of it, including such things as leaking debate questions to the Clinton campaign. Now we're supposed to think she's some kind of noble whistleblower? What a joke.

The Democratic party has been in bad shape for some time.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Henry
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmb
According to FiveThirtyEight:

Hillary Clinton Was Liberal. Hillary Clinton Is Liberal.

Quote:
Clinton was one of the most liberal members during her time in the Senate. According to an analysis of roll call votes by Voteview, Clinton’s record was more liberal than 70 percent of Democrats in her final term in the Senate. She was more liberal than 85 percent of all members. Her 2008 rival in the Democratic presidential primary, Barack Obama, was nearby with a record more liberal than 82 percent of all members — he was not more liberal than Clinton.

Clinton also has a history of very liberal public statements. Clinton rates as a “hard core liberal” per the OnTheIssues.org scale. She is as liberal as Elizabeth Warren and barely more moderate than Bernie Sanders. And while Obama is also a “hard core liberal,” Clinton again was rated as more liberal than Obama.


I'm a liberal and don't consider Hillary the lesser of two evils. With her experience and history of working across the aisle, she could have accomplished much more of the liberal agenda than Sanders ever could.

I wish the RNC was as good as the DNC at getting their chosen candidate elected.
10 
 Thumb up
0.25
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam I am
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
What did I tell you...
badge
NO PICKLE!
Avatar
mb
fightcitymayor wrote:
Since the RSP liberals don't want to respond to their party being led by crooks, patsies, and dirtbags, let me say this:

I can't recall another instance where one party (the DNC) was basically being led both in name and in bank account by 1 person who also happened to be the presidential nominee, thus bringing the full weight of its time, money, and resources to bear for that 1 candidate.

And the other party (the RNC) actively working against their eventual standard-bearer, who would basically rely on grassroots support to overcome internal opposition.

And the party-machine candidate somehow, some way LOSES to the guy who didn't even get the benefit of his own machine until late in the process.

That's some rare stuff right there.


Do you mean like almost every incumbent?

I voted for "satan" to stop the right wing SCOTUS agenda. Have no doubts, I'll do it again.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
We will bury you
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
fightcitymayor wrote:
Since the RSP liberals don't want to respond to their party being led by crooks, patsies, and dirtbags, let me say this.


I thought the only reason I did not vote for Hillary was because I hate women......

Turns out there may be other reasons



Sarcasm not directed at you FCM - but others who could not fathom why people did not vote for "I'm with her".

Oh, and also for the record, I did not vote for Trump either....
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Pennsylvania
msg tools
badge
Bitter acerbic harridan
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Utrecht wrote:
fightcitymayor wrote:
Since the RSP liberals don't want to respond to their party being led by crooks, patsies, and dirtbags, let me say this.


I thought the only reason I did not vote for Hillary was because I hate women......

Turns out there may be other reasons



Sarcasm not directed at you FCM - but others who could not fathom why people did not vote for "I'm with her".

Oh, and also for the record, I did not vote for Trump either....


I don't know exactly who you are talking about, but I remember people being pretty lukewarm on her in 2016 anyway.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam I am
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
What did I tell you...
badge
NO PICKLE!
Avatar
mb
The last reason to vote for HRC was because she was a women.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edgar the Woebringer
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mb
I'm an independent--been called a right-winger by friends who trend more left...and a libtard by those that trend more right.

All these labels are lazy to the extreme. Most people, if they are honest, can be all over the map on various issues. Yet they gladly step into a box that defines their thinking for them, and allows them to point quickly to the other team.

All that said--I vote (D) across the board these days because the GOP and the Right have gone looney. They need to be opposed, so I vote for the only option that might defeat them. The Democrats blew it--they need to look at why that happened and clean up their act. I fully believe that if angry Bernie supporters had all voted (D) then Hillary would have won easily. At least, I saw a lot of Johnson and write-in-someone talk from Bernie people I knew.

Who knows, maybe in the long run it's all for the best, if Trump and cronies cripple the GOP for years. There is a lot of damage being done in the meantime though, just look at the joke of an EPA we now have. And of course Trump may set off WWIII by tweeting from the john...
10 
 Thumb up
0.10
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Cook
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
I am a Liberal. I am a Democrat. I gladly voted for Hillary thinking she would have been a good president.

I read the OP and didn't see anything there I cared about enough to respond to. What is there I should have cared about?
10 
 Thumb up
0.30
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
We will bury you
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Sue_G wrote:
I don't know exactly who you are talking about, but I remember people being pretty lukewarm on her in 2016 anyway.


According to Hillary (and many of her proxies in the press and DNC) the only reason why someone would vote against here is that they were a misogynist.

Just calling you the stupidity of the statement (and why I used sarcasm)
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Born To Lose, Live To Win
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Metal Undivided, Chaos For All
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
EMBison wrote:
I am a Liberal. I am a Democrat. I gladly voted for Hillary thinking she would have been a good president.

I read the OP and didn't see anything there I cared about enough to respond to. What is there I should have cared about?
That the DNC didn't just come out and coronate her from the beginning, but instead perpetrated a charade that gave Democrats the illusion that Sanders could get the nomination if enough people supported him, but then worked behind the scenes (presumably at the end of Hillary's strings) to make sure he really couldn't. It undermined the whole Primary system and destroyed trust that will be hard to regain, as trust always is. If the DNC wanted to drive more people into the more-left wing of liberals, this was a good way to do it. More disenfranchised liberals will either drop out or never vote Democrat, no matter how good their candidate, which will make it even easier for men like Trump to get (re)elected.

tl;dr They accelerated the fracturing of the democratic party.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Cook
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
TheChin! wrote:
That the DNC didn't just come out and coronate her from the beginning, but instead perpetrated a charade that gave Democrats the illusion that Sanders could get the nomination if enough people supported him, but then worked behind the scenes (presumably at the end of Hillary's strings) to make sure he really couldn't. It undermined the whole Primary system and destroyed trust that will be hard to regain, as trust always is.


Nonsense. Everybody knew Hillary was the DNC's favored candidate. But it was still the voters who picked Hillary over Bernie. Nobody gives a flip who the DNC favored.

Quote:
More disenfranchised liberals will either drop out or never vote Democrat, no matter how good their candidate, which will make it even easier for men like Trump to get (re)elected.


If anybody is a liberal and chooses not to vote for Democrats because of something somebody in the DNC did in 2016, they have some totally warped view of what liberalism is all about.

Quote:
tl;dr They accelerated the fracturing of the democratic party.


LOL. As Will Roders said... I am not a member of an organized party. I am a Democrat. Democrats have always had rifts and fissures. It's called democracy.

tl;dr: 99.99% of voters could care less about the DNC/RNC. Anyone know who is the current head of the RNC? I sure don't.
10 
 Thumb up
0.10
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Shaw
United States
Swoyersville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Utrecht wrote:
Sue_G wrote:
I don't know exactly who you are talking about, but I remember people being pretty lukewarm on her in 2016 anyway.


According to Hillary (and many of her proxies in the press and DNC) the only reason why someone would vote against here is that they were a misogynist.

Just calling you the stupidity of the statement (and why I used sarcasm)


Most Trump supporters I know voted against Hillary because Facebook memes convinced them she murdered thirty people before they could testify. Seriously.
Maybe they found that nonsense easier to believe because she's a woman. Someone I work with actively said he doesn't approve of women being in charge of men, maybe people start there, subconsciously, then blow every minor thing out of proportion to justify that feeling.
15 
 Thumb up
0.05
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Kearns
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
Silence is golden.
badge
Your sea is so great and my boat is so small.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
fightcitymayor wrote:
Since the RSP liberals don't want to respond to their party being led by crooks, patsies, and dirtbags, let me say this:


How could I respond when I was busy shirt-rending and wailing over my world falling apart? Then I had to travel a bit to find a wall I haven't already punched a hole in.

My idyllic image of Hillary's perfection shattered, I must now slouch my way to getting on the Trump train.
13 
 Thumb up
0.05
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Born To Lose, Live To Win
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Metal Undivided, Chaos For All
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
EMBison wrote:
If anybody is a liberal and chooses not to vote for Democrats because of something somebody in the DNC did in 2016, they have some totally warped view of what liberalism is all about.
I disagree, the whole Sanders campaign shows that there are many people who think that it is the Democrats who have a warped view of liberalism. This election, and Gore's defeat, shows that there are enough people who are liberal who will buck the party when they feel patronized and/or ignored. Sure victory becomes shocking defeat. People wonder why so many people aren't voting at all. Things like DNC shenanigans are part of it. They don't even have to drive voters to the left, they are just sapping their hope and inviting them to stay home during elections.
12 
 Thumb up
0.02
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Schoell
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
There’s always a circular firing squad after the loss of a presidential election. It’s often couched in the vein of a debriefing, but it’s a chance to dole out some blame. The real problem for each party remains that it’s purpose is solely to win elections, not to govern responsibly. Thus every failure has to have finger pointing.
2 
 Thumb up
0.05
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Born To Lose, Live To Win
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Metal Undivided, Chaos For All
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
EMBison wrote:
Nonsense. Everybody knew Hillary was the DNC's favored candidate. But it was still the voters who picked Hillary over Bernie. Nobody gives a flip who the DNC favored.
This is nonsense. It's one thing to be the DNC's favored candidate, it is another to scheme behind the scenes to undermine the other candidate. That is corrupt and slimy and a sizable number of Bernie supporting Democrats are going to remember it in 2020.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [8] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.