Rob Harper
United Kingdom
Wantage
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, I have an idea and a few hours to play with. I won't be able to use the full 24 hours, but let's see how things go.

Starting the clock at 19:57 GMT...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Devan Harris
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Starting now, 9:50 pm PST.

Dreadnaught

A pencil sliding tower destruction game.

The tower is a dreadnaught space ship and pencil sliding is a dexterity movement and attack mechanism.

And good luck to all the other participants.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Harper
United Kingdom
Wantage
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
May I present to you the unimaginatively titled...

Song Battle
a game of creating songs
for 2 to 4 players
by Rob Harper

You and your muso friends are due to play in the forthcoming Battle of the Bands and need to put together a rocking song to wow the audience and impress the judges.

As a player you arrange cards in front of you to build elements into a song that will be judged according to various criteria, some of which will be known in advance and some which will only be discovered when the contest is over.

Components required: 54 cards (in PnP file, supplied), 6 * 6-sided dice.

E Rules PDF on DropBox
E PnP cards PDF on DropBox
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Harper
United Kingdom
Wantage
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I didn't get around to prettying up the cards with graphics, but I'm OK with that for now.

And relax... zombie
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pablo Dapena
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Starting now.

I wanted to develop something for the Hook Box Challenge on The Game Crafter, so I'll use this month's 24h contest to prototipe it. I'm pretty excited about this idea!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pablo Dapena
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Cher Ami

1/2 players
10+
10-15 minutes

On October 4, 1918, the men of the Lost Battallion of the 77th Division of the U.S. Army were trapped behind enemy lines in the middle of the Battle of the Argonne. They were also starting to receive friendly fire from allied troops and artillery, as they didn’t know their position. They tried to send messages by pigeon asking for help, but the first two were shot down by the Germans.
They only had one pigeon left: Cher Ami.
She was sent with a message:

“We are along the road parallel to 276.4. Our own artillery is dropping a barrage directly on us. For Heaven’s sake stop it.”

As Cher Ami took flight she was spotted and shot down by the enemy, but soon after she managed to take flight again. She arrived at the headquarters in just 25 minutes, but with a blinded eye, shot through the chest and the leg carrying the message hanging only by a tendon.
With her flight she saved the lives of the 194 survivors of the Battallion.
Army medics treated her, and even carved a small wooden leg for her. She was sent to the United States and rewarded the Croix de Guerre Medal with a palm Oak Leaf for her service in delivering 12 important messages in Verdun. She died the following year from her wounds.

Cher Ami is a game for 1 or 2 players, where you’ll guide a homing pigeon in her flight through the sky and the battlefield so she can deliver an important message.

PDF Cards
PDF Rules

Updated version (outside the contest): https://dominicum.itch.io/cher-ami
Contest version on the direct links above.

Edit: Image added
Edit 2: Added direct links
Edit 3: Put the itch.io link at the bottom, as I'm using it to playtest new versions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kai Bettzieche
Germany
Ladenburg
Baden Württemberg
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just learned, that this is a true story ...

Wow ...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Harper
United Kingdom
Wantage
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dominicum wrote:
Cher Ami

Brilliant theme! And nicely relevant this month.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pablo Dapena
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
schattentanz wrote:
I just learned, that this is a true story ...

It is indeed.

polyobsessive wrote:

Thanks! I didn't think about it, but you're right, we just passed the 99 anniversary of the Armistice.

Btw, I forgot to mention that the theme "solo" is interpreted here as "alone", in both the Battallion and the pigeon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Harper
United Kingdom
Wantage
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, Pablo, it's probably worth editing your post to include direct links to your game files in order to be properly in line with the rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pablo Dapena
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
polyobsessive wrote:
Oh, Pablo, it's probably worth editing your post to include direct links to your game files in order to be properly in line with the rules.

Oh, didn't know it had to be that way. The two past months I did it I just used my itch.io account because it's pretty easy to publish and keep a clean page to present a project.

I assumed it was ok, as when you enter a Dropbox link it doesn't directly download, it just goes to an interface of the folder where you look at the files and choose what to download. (Although I understand it might be preferable by some to have this option to "look" at the files without having to download them, for quick reading of rules and voting)

If it's prefered in that way, I'll certainly do so when I find a moment, thank you so much for the advice, Rob!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caroline Berg
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
...124 to run fleeing from the mountain. ...125 to use a rope to climb the steep cliff. ...126 to quickly cast "summon stairs." ...127 to dodge under the falling rocks.
mbmbmbmbmb
polyobsessive wrote:
Dominicum wrote:
Cher Ami

Agreed! This is an excellent theme!

Best of luck in the Hook Box Challenge too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pablo Dapena
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
adularia25 wrote:
polyobsessive wrote:
Dominicum wrote:
Cher Ami

Agreed! This is an excellent theme!

Best of luck in the Hook Box Challenge too.

Thank you so much, Caroline! ^^
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julian Anstey
Wales
Barry
Vale of Glamorgan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Start the clock...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pablo Dapena
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
j409603 wrote:
Start the clock...

Good luck!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julian Anstey
Wales
Barry
Vale of Glamorgan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Man, I'm on the limit here. The rules could probably do with clarifying, but here goes...

Blériot 1909

A solitaire roll and write game about the first solo aeroplane flight across the English Channel.

In this game you play the part of Louis Blériot, trying to become the first person to fly across the English Channel in a heavier‐than‐air craft. Each turn you roll five dice and either use them to improve aspects of your aeroplane; or to increase your experience and skills; or to make a test flight, with the possibility of rapid improvements, but the risk of damage, injury or even death. When you are ready to make your final flight, you must draw on the experience you have built up to navigate safely across the English Channel to the landing site. But as time runs out, the probability increases that you will be beaten to it by one your rivals.

Gamesheet: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1V7jE4woiBmV1B1QYMMtC7xCrWg...
Rules: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1vavC-dg0r6rEPPxpMM7zjE078p...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pablo Dapena
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
j409603 wrote:

Blériot 1909

A solitaire roll and write game about the first solo aeroplane flight across the English Channel.

What an interesting theme!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caroline Berg
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
...124 to run fleeing from the mountain. ...125 to use a rope to climb the steep cliff. ...126 to quickly cast "summon stairs." ...127 to dodge under the falling rocks.
mbmbmbmbmb
Clearly, this month the solo requirement is going towards "games that are the only game with their theme."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julian Anstey
Wales
Barry
Vale of Glamorgan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, but I definitely think yours has the best theme. I'm pleased with my game, though. I think it's the second most complex game I've made, in or out of the 24 hour contest.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pablo Dapena
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
j409603 wrote:
Thanks, but I definitely think yours has the best theme. I'm pleased with my game, though. I think it's the second most complex game I've made, in or out of the 24 hour contest.

Thanks a lot!

And indeed, it seems quite complex for such a small board, I want to try it soon! What would be your most complex game?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julian Anstey
Wales
Barry
Vale of Glamorgan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Pellinoria, though there are later additions that somehow never made it to the game file on BGG.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Douglas Rees
South Korea
Daegu
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, it's been so long since I've got around to entering...Itchin' to have another crack. Looks like I'll have to try to finish it before lunch.

8:20 AM (Korea time)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Douglas Rees
South Korea
Daegu
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Aaand Done

Presenting

Forklift Driver
Douglas Rees, 2017
A solitaire traditional card game
15 – 20 mins

The warehouse is a total mess. It seems the last driver just dumped everything in the order it arrived before quitting. There are pallets everywhere, to get anything you have to move everything else and nothing is in order. How will anyone find what they’re looking for? To top things off, the regional manager is coming in and it will be your neck on the line. You have one day to fix it up.

Components
1 deck of traditional cards with the jokers removed

Goal

Arrange the warehouse so that all goods with the same value are adjacent to each other and, where possible, located next to pairs of goods of similar value

Rules https://drive.google.com/open?id=1KvPXsAFotYrMFWIPl5MFXw4KYO...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mAnIk Farmer
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup, Im going to Jump in this too....Starting ....Now
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caroline Berg
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Alas, I don't have time to complete something this month. I did think of a great tile-laying game, but I don't have enough time to make it. I'll put the idea aside for when I do have time.

Good luck to everyone still trying to get games done!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prev «  1 , 2 , 3  Next »   |