4 Posts

Charterstone» Forums » General

Subject: Using Automata as a player aid rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
Just a quick question about using the automata cards as a sort of player aid. How well would it work to use them for those who suffer from a bit of AP or just as a bit of a nudge reminding you of certain actions?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Studley
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
Who fell asleep in the rain? Did you fall asleep in the rain? Yes you did. Oh yes you did.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Xlioe, I'm not sure I'm following your idea. Are you suggesting that the Automa cards help make decisions for the player with AP?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Ward
United States
Newport News
VA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's kind of funny.

"New rule: If you take more than 2 minutes to decide on an action, flip over the top Automa card, move a worker to the space shown, and take the action there. If you cannot afford the action or fulfill the requirements, you forfeit your turn and your worker stays there. Sucks to be you, make up your mind faster next turn."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Becq
United States
Cerritos
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Unless intended to be used as a punishment, Josh has highlighted the reason using the automa deck is problematic as an AP aid. I.e., the worker placement on the card serves to semi-randomly place NPC workers out on the board for players to interact with -- the automa doesn't have to pay any required costs, and gains the benefits on the automa card (e.g., VPs) regardless of cost. On the player side, I imagine (since I don't have my copy yet) that a great deal of the players' strategies involve planning how to meet the costs for the actions they want to take.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.