Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
MGS
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Warhammer: Diskwars
mbmbmbmbmb
I have Rake, Master Assassin (tap to add 4 damage to the pool and may stun target champion). My opponent has Man-at-Arms (4 defense guard) and Cron, the Berserker (6 defense non-guard champion).

Can I tap Rake to use the 4 damage to stun Man-at-Arms and then use the ability to stun Cron?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
Your cat likes me more
badge
In brightest day / In blackest night / No evil shall escape my sight / Let those who worship evil's might / Beware my power--Green Lantern's light!
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think so. Tapping just adds the combat to your pool, but you can't spend it in the middle of that action, so you can't stun the other guy.

I could be wrong, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MGS
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In the Star Realms app, the ship that has this ability stuns before being able to use the damage (as you suggest) but I can't be sure just reading the rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi MGS,

I already answered this question in the past: https://boardgamegeek.com/article/24241890#24241890
(I used the search button to find my post and searched for „Rake“)

In your case:

- You will get 4 combat points
- You'll stun the 4-health champion using the stun effect because it has guard
- Now you are allowed to spend combat and 4 points which are at the moment in your combat pool aren't sufficient to stun the 6-health champion without guard (if you didn‘t get combat points from other cards)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazed Survivor
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
Hi, I'm a european crested tit, and a very small punk rocker!
mbmbmbmbmb
Roger the Alien wrote:
Hi MGS,

I already answered this question in the past: https://boardgamegeek.com/article/24241890#24241890
(I used the search button to find my post and searched for „Rake“)

In your case:

- You will get 4 combat points
- You'll stun the 4-health champion using the stun effect because it has guard
- Now you are allowed to spend combat and 4 points which are at the moment in your combat pool aren't sufficient to stun the 6-health champion without guard (if you didn‘t get combat points from other cards)

I second this.
First, you need to fully resolve Rake's ability before being able to spend combat from your pool.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MGS
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That’s how I played. It seems that thread didn’t come up with a consensus. It serms that there is no official answer/interpretation to this. I could go by the Star Realms app knowing that the digital rules take some liberties when compared to the physical ones.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I asked this question WWG at facebook and I posted their answer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MGS
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I saw it. The response seemed kinda rushed but is another factor pointing toward what we all think is the right answer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.