11 Posts

Eldritch Horror» Forums » General

Subject: Gates and Clue tokens rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Nagel
Canada
flag msg tools
So...I bought all the expansions and have mixed them all in. One thing I am unsure about including in each game are the clue and gate tokens that refer to side board locations if those boards aren't in play. What do others do?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Francisco
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I throw them all in and if one comes up that isn't in play, I toss it aside and redraw. Not worth the hassle to pluck them all out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marlene Thornstrom
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I keep them in separate little baggies as I don't play with the sideboards that often, but discarding and redrawing isn't that big of a deal if you don't want to sort them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Bauer
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tikatoy wrote:
I keep them in separate little baggies as I don't play with the sideboards that often, but discarding and redrawing isn't that big of a deal if you don't want to sort them.

totally agree. I personally have sideboard specific content separated from the rest. And after a game with a sideboard, I remove the gates and clues again. Doesn't take that long and I'd find it weird to draw a "Plateau of Leng" clue when there is no Antarctica to place it. With 3 sideboard it would just happen too often.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonan Jello
United States
Newark
California
flag msg tools
badge
♫ As the masters rot on walls ♫ And the angels eat their grapes ♫ I watched Picasso Visit The Planet Of The Apes ♫
mbmbmbmbmb
In storage, I keep base game clues and expansion clues separated. During clean-up, I always take inventory for the correct amount of clues, so when playing with other content, removing those expansion-based clues doesn't feel like a tedious process to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M Young
United States
SHERMAN OAKS
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just redraw until I get one that corresponds to a space in the current game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Probst
Germany
Kiel
Schleswig Holstein
flag msg tools
Hex_Enduction_Hour wrote:
During clean-up, I always take inventory for the correct amount of clues

I thought I was the only one with that particular paranoia condition.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris B.
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
To succeed in life, you need two things: ignorance and confidence -Mark Twain
badge
ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
mbmbmbmbmb
senorcoo wrote:
I throw them all in and if one comes up that isn't in play, I toss it aside and redraw. Not worth the hassle to pluck them all out.

Same here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Just John
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Behind every fear, is a person you want to be.
mbmbmbmb
Duskreign wrote:
So...I bought all the expansions and have mixed them all in. One thing I am unsure about including in each game are the clue and gate tokens that refer to side board locations if those boards aren't in play. What do others do?

Even with the gates, I leave everything intact and draw at random. Sometimes I get a prelude that requires the sideboard anyway, though not often.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guillaume Guigue
Switzerland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Weltenreiter wrote:
Hex_Enduction_Hour wrote:
During clean-up, I always take inventory for the correct amount of clues

I thought I was the only one with that particular paranoia condition.

Not at all, especially since I found one token under furniture. If there is one accessory I would buy for this games, it's not dice, it's big tokens

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clair B. Hurt
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
senorcoo wrote:

Yup! That's what I do as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.