Subject: Deck boxes for 30 card decks? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Aaron Velox
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For anyone that stores their investigator decks in the core box, do you use certain containers to place the decks in instead of just plain baggies that fits in the box? Are there any 30 card deck boxes that exist that I'm unaware of?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Moore
United States
Elmhurst
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
StarryAqua wrote:
For anyone that stores their investigator decks in the core box, do you use certain containers to place the decks in instead of just plain baggies that fits in the box? Are there any 30 card deck boxes that exist that I'm unaware of?

I store my 30 card decks in sleeves in a normal size deck box--2 per box. The dimensions fit perfectly inside the core box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Velox
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Windmilling wrote:
I store my 30 card decks in sleeves in a normal size deck box--2 per box. The dimensions fit perfectly inside the core box.

That's what I would have assumed, but for some reason an ultra pro deck box wont fit completely in my box and allow the cover to close smoothly, even with nothing above or below it. Perhaps my box dimensions are slightly lower than others?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Jacobsen
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
who longs for oolong
badge
You are excrement. You can change yourself into gold.
mbmbmbmbmb
Windmilling wrote:
StarryAqua wrote:

Me too. *Edit* Using the deckboxes, not storing it in core box. I use an alternate storage solution for all the material.
I often play 2 player with my wife, so the normal deck boxes (~80 card) are perfect.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Moore
United States
Elmhurst
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
StarryAqua wrote:
Windmilling wrote:

That's what I would have assumed, but for some reason an ultra pro deck box wont fit completely in my box and allow the cover to close smoothly, even with nothing above or below it. Perhaps my box dimensions are slightly lower than others?

Perhaps my definition of perfectly is a bit off. they are just a touch higher than the box top, but since I have 4 or 5 of the ultra pro deck boxes in it, it's nice and sturdy, if slightly taller.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Garvens
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
OW!
badge
Suuuuuuuperrrrr!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not aware of any 30 card deckboxes but there are 50 and 80 count card boxes. A lot of people also use Hugo's amazing tape to bind their cards together. You can see a post about them here

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Schepers
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
StarryAqua wrote:
re there any 30 card deck boxes that exist that I'm unaware of?

If you don't mind building your own:
http://sirwillibald.com/games/descent-2nd-edition/arkham-hor...

(Ignore the slightly dumb deep-link, it's correct)

I've already done them for the core game and Dunwich, the rest will follow hopefully soon, short on time atm...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Grazier
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
Check out my boardgame demoing website! www.geek-craft.com
badge
Near northeast Ohio? Come to one of my game nights! www.geek-craft.com
mbmbmbmbmb
The issue with a 30 count box is that if you ever gain any story assets, extra weaknesses, or anything else, your deck grows. You need room for 40-ish cards at most right now, and that may end up changing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hedyn Brand
Norway
Oslo
Lethargy
flag msg tools
Nothing to see here. Move along.
badge
Rules? I gotta read RULES‽
mbmbmbmbmb
You don’t even start with 30 cards - I think it’s up to 35 with some investigators. I also include the investigator card. Worst case scenario will push you above 40 before the end of the campaign.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austin Fleming
United States
West Covina
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My deck is at 38 cards, and I'm only on part 3!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazed Survivor
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
Hi, I'm a european crested tit, and a very small punk rocker!
mbmbmbmbmb
I use a regular deck box, sleeve the encounter deck beforehand, and store it in the same box.
My partner has her own (pink!) deckbox.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Legion Deck box, holds 3 investigator decks, but it's a tight squeeze.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angora Patio
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SirWillibald wrote:
StarryAqua wrote:
re there any 30 card deck boxes that exist that I'm unaware of?

If you don't mind building your own:
http://sirwillibald.com/games/descent-2nd-edition/arkham-hor...

I've already done them for the core game and Dunwich, the rest will follow hopefully soon, short on time atm...

Danke SirWilli!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.