Hide
2 Posts

Dojo Kun» Forums » General

Subject: Expected storage layout? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Philip Morton
msg tools
I finally got the CMON edition of the game, and I'm impressed with the insert. The central boards, player boards, player board extensions, cards, and training equipment all have spaces where they fit snug but easily removable (except the training equipment, it gives me a bit of a hard time getting those out).

After punching out all the cardboard, though, I find that I have more piles of things to store than I do spots in the insert for them, and I'm having trouble determining what the intent was (if there was an intended layout and not just "this is as many trays as we can give you given the layout of the rest of the insert.")

My initial thought was player tokens + dice by color in the four trays, some tokens in the middle tray, and more tokens in the tray to the side of the equipment. That leaves too many tokens for the trays and they're all mixed together, though. Possibly there would have been enough space if I'd put the level-up tokens of each color with the dice and player tokens, but I was worried about having the dice/plastic in a tray with cardboard causing damage, and there would still only be two trays left and more than two categories of tokens to fill them with.

My next thought was that the player tokens can all fit together in one tray, and the dice should all fit together in another tray, but all the trays seemed just slightly too shallow to fit a double layer of dice (and none of them are large enough to fit all the dice in a single layer).

What I'm currently doing is:

Two colors of dice + the player tokens for those colors in one of the "ring" trays; the other two colors in another

Miscellaneous unique tokens (starting player, reservations, black/white combat total markers, the +symbol training tokens) in the central tray

Victory point tokens in a tray

Ki tokens in a tray

Level-up markers and wounds (under the theory that they're kind of like negative level-up markers) in a tray

Opinions? Anybody have a better way to lay these out?

Edit: I've discovered that vertical storage of the box is bad for this plan (at least, without bags around the tokens).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Evans
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
So I just bought the game today and was not enthusiastic about the storage options once I got everything punched out, but I was able to use some baggies and get everything in there to a point I’m fairly happy with. Only issue with my method is going to be the setup and clean up time, but oh well. I ended up using 4 ziplock portion bags which are 1 cup each, then I used the bags that the dice and athlete tokens came in. The ziplock bags are a little bigger than needed, but still work fine. I separated all pieces by color and put each color into its own ziplock bag (so all dice, athlete tokens, sensei token, xp tokens, and technique tokens of each color). I then separated all the other tokens and put the ki, 1 prestige, 3 prestige, into their own bag using the ones that the dice came in. Then I used the 4 tiny bags for the rest of pieces, leaving the training equipment tiles unbagged and stored them in the middle. With this way I don’t have to worry about stuff spilling out of the different compartments.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.