Francis K. Lalumiere
Canada
Brossard
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What happens if you have a flight attack a Japanese target by night, and when the next flight finally shows up to attack the same target, it's day?

(When it happened to me, I took a picture of the attack map, flipped it over, and placed all the markers back in their places. Of course I removed searchlights, and I switched to day hazard markers.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy (Jerry) White
msg tools
designer
Good solution.

I toyed with printing the night and day versions of each target on separate sheets, so for example, that the back of the Tokyo day map would be the map of some other city, but I thought that would be confusing.

Ive been meaning to post line drawings of each target map to make the transition easy. A line drawing would be easy to print. Will do so soon (thanks for the reminder).

I like your solution, however. And you had the common sense to remove searchlight hazards too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francis K. Lalumiere
Canada
Brossard
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is anything mentioned in the rulebook about this eventuality?
If there is, I didn't see it.

(But then again I'm going blind in my old age, so take this with a grain of... well... it feels like salt to me.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy (Jerry) White
msg tools
designer
Yes. The margin note on page 23, next to "Success - City in Japan," titled "Day to Night; Night to Day?"

But mainly I was counting on a player's common sense, and your model is obviously equipped with such an apparatus. That's why I did not add much detail about the transfer (leaving out detail always makes me nervous, but I figured this is an unusual condition and it is a situation that DOES trigger one's common sense).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francis K. Lalumiere
Canada
Brossard
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JWgamewhen wrote:
Yes. The margin note on page 23, next to "Success - City in Japan," titled "Day to Night; Night to Day?"

But mainly I was counting on a player's common sense, and your model is obviously equipped with such an apparatus. That's why I did not add much detail about the transfer (leaving out detail always makes me nervous, but I figured this is an unusual condition and it is a situation that DOES trigger one's common sense).

Flattery? Usually works on me.

(Seriously, thanks for the quick and expansive answers!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.