Subject: Our house rules for 2-3 players rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Flight Record
Thailand
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would to share our house rules for 2-3 players.
We feel it has too much random on tile laying and often we can't reach the destination on 2 players gameplay because moving up and down on the middle column can generate point more easier (that is discourage people to reach the destination). So the game tends too long for 2 players. Also, the official rule is quite unfair for last player in low headcount because they would be often blocked by the prior players and the additional coal they get from setup won't help them. We apply these 3 house rules to fix our issues.

1) In each round, player take only 1 movement turn instead of 4 in-a-row to reduce path blockage on the last player turn (plus reduce time taken by AP player). That make turn rotate to each player a lot more faster like we play TtR.

2) Active player place a counter token each time on visiting each gold mine/coal yard/whistle factory tile. Active player can take the action on that special tile if counter token isn't greater than other player's token by 3. This house rule is to limit repetitive special action that player can take on each recently visited tile and to prevent point/item pumping up on gold mine, coal yard and whistle factory by going up and down several time.

3) On 2-player gameplay. We also add a column of ordinary tiles next to the middle column (the blank space between the middle column and the destination). This won't cut short the playing time too much while it helps player to reach the destination more easier. Sometime we switch to place them in zig-zag pattern instead of a straight column to allow player divert path after the middle column. That's also work great too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.