Time of Legends: Joan of Arc» Forums » General

Subject: Janissaries! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ahmad Siddiqi
Pakistan
Lahore
flag msg tools
I know this is going to be a divisive choice this late in the campaign, but man am I excited to see the Janissaries (also what is a Yerli Kulu?) The sculpt looks amazing. The moustache is perfect. Really hope we can unlock the whole of this expansion! (plus other high priority things like scenarios and heroes.) Those six Turks look kinda lonely
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arek D.
Germany
Münster
NRW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So maybe we'll get to see Vlad Tepes later on...?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Sykes
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Morcars Jester wrote:
So maybe we'll get to see Vlad Tepes later on...?

Hadn't even considered that. Seems unlikely as he was on the other side but man, that would be awesome.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Ulrich
Germany
Nürnberg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
But they hinted at a vampire before. Now I only need Richter Belmont...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Clapperton
United Kingdom
Hebburn
Tyne & Wear
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmb
They've said this is an expansion that has been broken down into SGs. This is what they did with the Beast expansion and with a few expansions in MBP. There may even be more expansions they've broken down for JoA that we haven't picked up on. It means that wherever this is going, whether a new army or a vampire or something else, it's part of a larger whole.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ahmad Siddiqi
Pakistan
Lahore
flag msg tools
I believe at some point Jake said there were four of the 'soldier's tale' equivalents planned in the Kickstarter, which I now take to mean four SG expansions. We've had blasphemy and the plague, now the janissaries have started the third. So one more if we get that far.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francesco
United Kingdom
Loughborough
flag msg tools
Selling board games during Brussels Games Festival 2018: check my for trade items. :)
mbmbmbmbmb
ahmadms wrote:
I know this is going to be a divisive choice this late in the campaign, but man am I excited to see the Janissaries (also what is a Yerli Kulu?) The sculpt looks amazing. The moustache is perfect. Really hope we can unlock the whole of this expansion! (plus other high priority things like scenarios and heroes.) Those six Turks look kinda lonely

ahmadms wrote:
I believe at some point Jake said there were four of the 'soldier's tale' equivalents planned in the Kickstarter, which I now take to mean four SG expansions. We've had blasphemy and the plague, now the janissaries have started the third. So one more if we get that far.

I like the idea of Janissaries as long as they will bring the game into an interesting small SG expansion.

Initially I though they could bring to something big like the Fall of Constantinople but indeed there is not enough time and expansions for it in this Kickstarter project. Somebody mentioned also the Crusade of Nicopolis which I would really like since Bulgaria is in my heart too (I worked and I have friends there).

I have myself suggested a link to the story of Vlad the Impaler, as also depicted in Dracula untold movie. You could have both an historical and fictional version of him. My wife loves vampires !!

Also it is worthy to mention that, the rising of new faction so late in the campaign, make me think of future expansions or a Time of Legends: Richard Lionheart series on crusades. Many backers asked for crusaders, other about Robin Hood. It could fit both.

I think there are many different options, and I am really curious what Mythic Games will present to us.surprise

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ondrej Kocnar
Czech Republic
Prague
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wolud rather see more units for holy faction or simply some more English or French units. I am afraid this is diluting it too much.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ahmad Siddiqi
Pakistan
Lahore
flag msg tools
Mithrandir82 wrote:
ahmadms wrote:

ahmadms wrote:

I like the idea of Janissaries as long as they will bring the game into an interesting small SG expansion.

Initially I though they could bring to something big like the Fall of Constantinople but indeed there is not enough time and expansions for it in this Kickstarter project. Somebody mentioned also the Crusade of Nicopolis which I would really like since Bulgaria is in my heart too (I worked and I have friends there).

I have myself suggested a link to the story of Vlad the Impaler, as also depicted in Dracula untold movie. You could have both an historical and fictional version of him. My wife loves vampires !!

Also it is worthy to mention that, the rising of new faction so late in the campaign, make me think of future expansions or a Time of Legends: Richard Lionheart series on crusades. Many backers asked for crusaders, other about Robin Hood. It could fit both.

I think there are many different options, and I am really curious what Mythic Games will present to us.surprise

It's funny considering our earlier discussion about how it wouldn't make sense to include Arab armies here (since as a major military power they couldn't be effectively represented in a KS focused on a different setting). Was certainly not expecting Ottomans to turn up...

I think a Vlad the Impaler connection would be quite cool. We have the stakes already

Battle of Nicopolis sounds great also.

(Also, unless I misunderstood, in live the other night Leo hinted at the possibility of conducting a siege of Constantinople with certain options in the pledge manager...)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ahmad Siddiqi
Pakistan
Lahore
flag msg tools
Quirkworthy today:
"we are planning on several extra items in the PM that you backers have asked for, and a few I've asked for that I think you'll like too. Like enough Ottomans to make a whole 5th army. Exactly what will be in those sets is not yet confirmed, as it partly depends on where we get to."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francesco
United Kingdom
Loughborough
flag msg tools
Selling board games during Brussels Games Festival 2018: check my for trade items. :)
mbmbmbmbmb
ahmadms wrote:

It's funny considering our earlier discussion about how it wouldn't make sense to include Arab armies here (since as a major military power they couldn't be effectively represented in a KS focused on a different setting). Was certainly not expecting Ottomans to turn up...

I think a Vlad the Impaler connection would be quite cool. We have the stakes already

Battle of Nicopolis sounds great also.

(Also, unless I misunderstood, in live the other night Leo hinted at the possibility of conducting a siege of Constantinople with certain options in the pledge manager...)

Well, it was really unexpected for me, but, since we have them now, I am happy and curious to see which background and scenarios they will give us to include them.

To be honest there are already too many "standard" English/French troops for my taste. If we won't have additional holy troops among the stretch goals (and I suppose they cannot provide us only historical heroes), I am quite happy to see a bit more variety in the Core Maiden Box among the historical troops.

I have also heard Leo saying that in the Pledge Manager backers will be able to buy more troops for this faction so I hope it would be enough.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arek D.
Germany
Münster
NRW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And there we go: Vlad Tepes, 1550K SG!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.