Subject: Thor Ragnarok rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Marc Kob
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mb
I may be a bit biased, since Thor was the very first comic book that I ever bought,(back when they were 60 cents an issue!) but that was easily the most fun I've had in any Marvel movie yet.

Lots of material from the comics over the years placed unobtrusively throughout the film for those in the know. Beta Ray Bill statue for instance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benj Davis
Australia
Summer Hill
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Thor Ragnorak
I totally missed that!

But man, that movie was so much fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul - the
Sweden
Lund
flag msg tools
My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings; Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
badge
You spin me right round, baby - Right round like a record, baby - Right round round round - You spin me right round, baby…
mbmbmbmbmb
*Ragnarok

Be mindful of other cultures heritage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Goo
United States
Yorba Linda
California
flag msg tools
badge
I represent no danger.
mb
I accidentally saw Thor: Adirondack. It was kinda the same but they mostly sat on the back porch drinking sweet tea.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Patterson
United States
Iowa City
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I wish they had gone with my favorite Thor-/Asgard-related title, "Ragnarok and Roll," but apart from that I was quite pleased. The first two Thor films were not so good, in my opinion, the second being particularly weak, so "Guardians-ing" up the third film was worth a shot, and it paid off quite handsomely. Pretty much any solo moment with Cate Blanchett's character was dull, and the quips were occasionally a little much (and I know Stan Lee not having a cameo will only happen on his death, so I don't wish for them to stop, but they're always distracting). Other than that, Ragnarok was at least in the top half of Marvel movies for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Belgium
flag msg tools
Meaningless means there's a strong limit to how much I can mess up!
badge
This overtext is not in use.
mbmbmbmbmb
I went into the first two with low expectations and had my expectations exceeded. Conversely, I went into this with quite high expectations, and it didn't meet them. Still the best of the three though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Goo
United States
Yorba Linda
California
flag msg tools
badge
I represent no danger.
mb
jpat wrote:
(and I know Stan Lee not having a cameo will only happen on his death,
They will continue after his death. They have been banking scenes for a while now so they will have footage to choose from for years to come.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J J
Australia
flag msg tools
Gelatinous Goo wrote:
jpat wrote:
They will continue after his death. They have been banking scenes for a while now so they will have footage to choose from for years to come.

Oh. I thought The Force Awakens' treatment of Peter Cushing was the testing stage of their plan for infinite Stans...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Goo
United States
Yorba Linda
California
flag msg tools
badge
I represent no danger.
mb
I’ve now seen it. On a scale of Iron Man 2 to Winter Soldier, I give it a Guardians 2.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Kob
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mb
Jlerpy wrote:
I totally missed that!

But man, that movie was so much fun.

He was one of the heads on the building that housed the Grand Master.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David K.
United States
Pflugerville
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Saw it last night with my 14 year-old. We both loved it.

It was different enough from the other two and the rest of the MCU to be one of the best in the entire series.

The surprise cameos in "the play with the movie" were pretty cool, got a lot of laughs.

The further characterization of Hulk was a step in the right direction.

I also noticed The Man-Thing on the Grandmaster's Tower.

Music was great. Especially loved the piece with one of the songs from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.

Other thoughts:
Cate Blanchette: Awesome job
Tessa Thompson: I see a bright future for her
Mark Raffalo: Scene stealer
Tom Hiddleston: Usual good performance
Jeff Goldblum: Pretty good
Karl Urban: Good job at playing the conflicted side-kick.

Disappointments: Absence of Lady Sif. The Warriors Three.

Looking forward to: Black Panther and Avengers: Infinity War.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Carter
United States
Marion
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Shadowen wrote:

I'm souring on the big team-up movies. Besides the first Avengers movie, they don't seem to be able to handle the multiple storylines without becoming a mess. The movies focusing on individuals or core teams fit better into the 2 1/2 hr runtime.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
Show me something that beats a natural 20 and I'll show you hateful lies.
badge
We've taken care of everything...
mbmbmbmbmb
mlcarter815 wrote:
Shadowen wrote:

I'm souring on the big team-up movies. Besides the first Avengers movie, they don't seem to be able to handle the multiple storylines without becoming a mess. The movies focusing on individuals or core teams fit better into the 2 1/2 hr runtime.

Agree, Avengers 2 was a pretty awful thing. Between not being able to take Ultron seriously and way too much attempted/poor pacing.

Looking forward to this one, hoping continual improvement on the Thor line, well, continues. Captain America got better than its very poor start, so there is hope.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J J
Australia
flag msg tools
Shadowen wrote:

But you did see two of them.
Spoiler (click to reveal)
Just not for long, or ever again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Carter
United States
Marion
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
darthain wrote:
mlcarter815 wrote:
Shadowen wrote:

Agree, Avengers 2 was a pretty awful thing. Between not being able to take Ultron seriously and way too much attempted/poor pacing.

Looking forward to this one, hoping continual improvement on the Thor line, well, continues. Captain America got better than its very poor start, so there is hope.

Civil War was a mess as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benj Davis
Australia
Summer Hill
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JasonJ0 wrote:
Shadowen wrote:

All three. Volstagg and Fandral were both in the Bifrost chamber (and went down like total punks). Hogun led the resistance against Hela
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J J
Australia
flag msg tools
Jlerpy wrote:
JasonJ0 wrote:
Shadowen wrote:

All three. Volstagg and Fandral were both in the Bifrost chamber (and went down like total punks). Hogun led the resistance against Hela

Ah, thanks, yes, kinda forgot who he was between films.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Hathorn
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Music was great. Especially loved the piece with one of the songs from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.
I am really sorry to do this, but since Pure Imagination is one of my favorite songs of all time, I have no choice but to be pedantic about this: that song was from Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, with the immeasurable Gene Wilder (may he Rest in Peace), and not Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, with the indecipherable Johnny Depp.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David K.
United States
Pflugerville
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JohnnyOffice wrote:
Quote:
I am really sorry to do this, but since Pure Imagination is one of my favorite songs of all time, I have no choice but to be pedantic about this: that song was from Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, with the immeasurable Gene Wilder (may he Rest in Peace), and not Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, with the indecipherable Johnny Depp.

You are right, I was thinking back to the book for the title for some reason. My bad.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David K.
United States
Pflugerville
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jlerpy wrote:
JasonJ0 wrote:
Shadowen wrote:

And hence... my disappointment. soblue

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Brown
United States
Okemos
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Avengers movie is the only movie in ages I honestly wanted to go see as soon as I left seeing it the first time. Yes A2 was weaker, but the first film remains as good as anything they have done.

My only non-spoiler complaint from T:A is that it felt too safe. It essentially was a fun romp versus something with genuine tension, but honestly, I think that's becoming Marvel's trademark.

And seriously disappointed in the lack of making Hulk the winner of the area battle. Let Thor get beat without his hammer and him thinking he needs it. It is only later he is told he doesn't.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Goo
United States
Yorba Linda
California
flag msg tools
badge
I represent no danger.
mb
matthean wrote:

My only non-spoiler complaint from T:A is that it felt too safe. It essentially was a fun romp versus something with genuine tension, but honestly, I think that's becoming Marvel's trademark.

Super spoilery, fir rilz:
Asgard is Alderaan level destroyed (okay, Asgard is a people not a place, whatever). Odin is dead(ish?) Loki has the Tesseract(?). The stakes were very high. But I do get what you are saying that though those things happened, the gravity wasn't there because the movie was so rompy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Tubb
United States
Fuquay Varina
NC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gelatinous Goo wrote:
matthean wrote:

Asgard is Alderaan level destroyed (okay, Asgard is a people not a place, whatever). Odin is dead(ish?) Loki has the Tesseract(?). The stakes were very high. But I do get what you are saying that though those things happened, the gravity wasn't there because the movie was so rompy.
I really liked the movie,
but I felt that the seriousness of Asgard's destruction was a bit ruined by blue rock dude's joke during the sequence.
I really enjoyed everything else about the movie, though. It was actually fun, unlike a number of the other MCU movies, and knew how to poke fun both at itself and at the MCU.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Brown
United States
Okemos
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gelatinous Goo wrote:
matthean wrote:

Hulk going after Surtur could have been a genuine moment, but it wasn't.
Even Hulk being talked out of it felt far too short.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Plainwell
Michigan
flag msg tools
Mi cabasa esta muy verde
badge
Et in Vantasia ego
mbmbmbmbmb
JasonJ0 wrote:
Gelatinous Goo wrote:
jpat wrote:

Oh. I thought The Force Awakens' treatment of Peter Cushing was the testing stage of their plan for infinite Stans...

**SW Pedant ALERT** uh, you mean Rogue One right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.