Star Trek: Frontiers» Forums » Rules

Subject: Away Mission Questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jaime Sinclair
Brazil
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am playing with the Bird of Pray (Captain: Lursa and B'Etor) and have discovered a K-Class Planet (Green).

I beam down an away team consisting of the Duras sisters and Riker, and find out I need 8 diplomacy to beat the enemy token at the planet. In my hands, I have the Duras sisters card, "Open Hailing Frequencies", "Full Spead Ahead", "Stasis Field//Secret Weapon" and the Blackmail ability unlocked with a red and a blue crystal in my inventory.

Question 1:

Can I use the powered-up ability from Lursa and B'Etor to make "Open Hailing Frequencies" worth 7 (4 + 3 bonus) Diplomacy and then "Full Speed Ahead" sideways for Diplomacy 1? Because the Duras Sisters card have the "maintenance" symbol, I'm not sure if I could do that.

Question 2:

I think I can't use the Blackmail ability because this encounter is not an interaction. Is that right?

As you can imagine I'm trying to not spend Riker to get this done. If I couldn't use Lursa and B'Etor to overpower "Open Hailing Frequencies" I still could get the 8 Diplomacy I need by spending a red crystal on "OHF" for 4 Diplomacy and then spend Riker for the remaining 4 Diplomacy I need.

Question 3:

Had I not the means to get the 8 Diplomacy I need, could I use the powered-up ability from the sisters to use Secret Weapon and destroy the enemy token? Since "Secret Weapon" reads "Play this only during the Attack phase of the combat" I think I can't because the "Lursa and B'Etor" card has the "maintenance" symbol on it, rendering it unplayable in combat?

Question 4:

What's the point in giving a +3 bonus to Shields and Attack if Lursa and B'Etor can't be used during combat? Or do I have it all messed up?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Parks
United States
Somerset
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Quixotic Games: www.quixoticgames.com
badge
Dungeon Alliance: Available Now!
mbmbmbmbmb
1) Yes. The Duras Sisters have both the Repair and the Special symbol, so either is applicable.

2) Correct, Blackmail is not usable since it's not an Interaction.

3) The Duras Sisters only work with Action Cards, so they can't be used with Secret Weapon (an Undiscovered Card).

4) They can use either the Repair or the Special symbol (which allows use during combat).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jaime Sinclair
Brazil
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you VERY much, Andrew, for the quick reply. Your game is awesome, I love it so much. laugh

Back to the mission!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.