Popular Tags: [View All]
Michal Starek
Czech Republic
Sezimovo Usti
flag msg tools
badge
REALLY badass
mbmbmbmbmb
The rulebook suggests that if some players have their forest floor uncovered fully, they lose. This is never the case in our group.
Because the abundance of Treasures, all players are able to cover their floor, once they see someone closed the game. What are we doing wrong? :)

The tie-breaker of nuts is too weak, in most cases that doesn't decide, either. If we house-ruled a secondary tie-breaker concerning the forest animals, what would be the best way to determine winner?
1) The one having most animals, or
2) the one having most forest squares covered by animals?
(No. 2 would be my preference.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul
United Kingdom
Reading
Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
We've had the same experience of everyone finishing at the same time. I also had a tie on nuta, so we used least squirrels as a further tiebreaker although we did discuss most animal squares.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julian Steindorfer
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
myyysha wrote:
The rulebook suggests that if some players have their forest floor uncovered fully, they lose. This is never the case in our group.
Because the abundance of Treasures, all players are able to cover their floor, once they see someone closed the game. What are we doing wrong? :)

The tie-breaker of nuts is too weak, in most cases that doesn't decide, either. If we house-ruled a secondary tie-breaker concerning the forest animals, what would be the best way to determine winner?
1) The one having most animals, or
2) the one having most forest squares covered by animals?
(No. 2 would be my preference.)

Could you tell me with how many treasures your group finishes a game? Is everybody playing ONLY nuts/feathers in the rounds before the end? This sounds a lot like either all members of your group are equally strong players or you aren´t using your treasures.

Because if you have too many left at the end of the game, most of the time it´s a clear sign, that you could have ended the game earlier.

If you really want to use any alternative tie-breaker rules. Use the point-system of the solo-game. But every system like that just increases downtime.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
patrick mullen
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you still have a tie after trading in other treasures for nuts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michal Starek
Czech Republic
Sezimovo Usti
flag msg tools
badge
REALLY badass
mbmbmbmbmb
saluk wrote:
Do you still have a tie after trading in other treasures for nuts?

Yup.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Liu
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yea it's surprising they didn't add more tie breakers

Personally if I had to make more tie breakers:
1st - completed board
2nd - most remaining nuts after converting
3rd - has a berry
4th - most animals tiles
5th - most spaces covered by animals
6th - least squirrel tiles
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.