Popular Tags: [View All]
Andy Pelton
United Kingdom
Hucknall
Nottinghamshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have played Merlin once so far and I would say that the "Optional" rules are essential rules. I cannot imagine playing without it the additional choice of whether to give up some points for extra points late, move a henchmen to anywhere, or a 3 use per gangs power give some good decisions.

I would also say after reading the rules for Queenie 1 that is makes the environ much more worth while as no one went for the empty spaces much one the towers had gone.

I'm looking forward to trying it again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Murr Rockstroh
United States
Fleming Island
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We've played it twice, both times with the optional rules and agree those are an automatic.

Next time we play, we do want to try the Queenie added in, as we have found the same thing, get the towers and you're done. It's possible with more plays we'd find more to do with the Environs board without the Queenie, but we like the thought of what they do, so we're likely going to make it an automatic thing for the game. Kind of the like the God tiles in Bora Bora that allow you to do the +/- 1 to your dice. Small but effective expansion that doesn't add complexity, but adds variety and more choices.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
johan francois
Belgium
eeklo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We played 'Merlin' yesterday.
It's obvious that the influence of the 'dice' are crucial in the game .
The queenie 1,decrease it a bit , but nevertheless ... the luck factor scores high.
We are looking for a houserule that will arrange this in this game.
Perhaps we will have a go where also the players can choose to go clock-or anticlockwise also like 'Merlin' ... could help a bit ...
Anyone other ideas
Just react ! :-)
Thanks !
kwazimodo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Kissell
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd say for your average BGG user, the Queenie is a no-brainer to make for a more enjoyable experience.

I'd say the base game fits more in line with Queen's normal target audience, which is probably why it is "optional." For gamers, I would probably just teach it included.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kwazimodo wrote:
Perhaps we will have a go where also the players can choose to go clock-or anticlockwise also like 'Merlin'.

Wouldn't this make the blue flag's power redundant?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ozzy perez
United States
Hialeah
Fl
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Queenie 2 looks pretty cool too. I just read about it through the new KS campaign.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ernesto Pavan
msg tools
SapoLJackson wrote:
The Queenie 2 looks pretty cool too. I just read about it through the new KS campaign.

Do you know when/where it will be released, by any chance?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.