Recommend
14 
 Thumb up
 Hide
37 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

Gaia Project» Forums » General

Subject: Gaia Project Foam Core Insert rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bram
Netherlands
Enschede
Overijssel
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi guys,

I managed to grab Gaia Project in Essen this year and the first thing I've done for this game is making a custom insert. All player colours are in their own separate trays. All other bits and tokens are also in removable trays. Check out the pics below:







26 
 Thumb up
5.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan B.
Germany
flag msg tools
mb
This is awesome!
Can you share the dimensions?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Marsh
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
ahh, get it off.. get it... GET IT OFF!!
badge
ahh, get it off.. get it... GET IT OFF!!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
this is beautiful work.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roland B
Germany
Stolberg
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Really great job. I would also be interested in the dimensions whistle
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bram
Netherlands
Enschede
Overijssel
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
nuutsch wrote:
This is awesome!
Can you share the dimensions?


Right now, my plans are scribbled illegibly on some pieces of paper. When I've got some free time, I'll make a nice document containing all the info.

What I can give you now is:

Everything is made from 5 mm thick foam core

Player trays (7x):
- Dimensions: 94 x 71 x 39 mm

Power/QIC tray:
- Dimensions: 94 x 71 x 39 mm

Tech tile/automa cards etc tray:
- Dimensions: 160 x 92 x 57 mm
- Round booster compartment: 22 x 91 mm
- Each basic tech tile compartment: 36 x 54 mm
- Round scoring tile compartment: 22 x 66 mm
- This tray is slightly too large, to make it fit a strip of 4 x 5 mm of foam core has to be removed on the side that rests on the research board.

Gaia planets etc tray:
- Dimensions: 197 x 51 x 14 mm
- Gaia planet compartment: 87 x 41 mm
- Space station compartment: 26 x 41 mm

Advanced tech etc tray:
- Dimensions: 189 x 87 x 18 mm
- Final scoring compartment: 40 x 54 mm
- Advanced tech compartment: 32 x 118 mm

Federation token tray:
- Dimensions: 120 x 71 x 19 mm
- Each compartment 33 x 33 mm

Those thingies next to the federation token tray (2x):
- Dimensions: 160 x 188 x 19 mm
- Remove: 72 x 155 mm
10 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fab Maszter
Germany
Mannheim
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Bram for this awesome design!
The dimensions were on point and all worked out very well!
I only added ramps to the resource box and moved the divider for the tech tiles: https://imgur.com/a/tZq1v
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenrick Fearn
France
Ruffec
Charente
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
eleates wrote:
nuutsch wrote:
This is awesome!
Can you share the dimensions?


Right now, my plans are scribbled illegibly on some pieces of paper. When I've got some free time, I'll make a nice document containing all the info.

What I can give you now is:

Everything is made from 5 mm thick foam core

Player trays (7x):
- Dimensions: 94 x 71 x 39 mm

Power/QIC tray:
- Dimensions: 94 x 71 x 39 mm

Tech tile/automa cards etc tray:
- Dimensions: 160 x 92 x 57 mm
- Round booster compartment: 22 x 91 mm
- Basic tech tile compartment: 82 x 54 mm
- Round scoring tile compartment: 22 x 66 mm
- This tray is slightly too large, to make it fit a strip of 4 x 5 mm of foam core has to be removed on the side that rests on the research board.

Gaia planets etc tray:
- Dimensions: 197 x 51 x 14 mm
- Gaia planet compartment: 87 x 41 mm
- Space station compartment: 26 x 41 mm

Advanced tech etc tray:
- Dimensions: 189 x 87 x 18 mm
- Final scoring compartment: 40 x 54 mm
- Advanced tech compartment: 32 x 118 mm

Federation token tray:
- Dimensions: 120 x 71 x 19 mm
- Each compartment 33 x 33 mm

Those thingies next to the federation token tray (2x):
- Dimensions: 160 x 188 x 19 mm
- Remove: 72 x 155 mm


Would a 250GG payment help you find that little bit of needed time and to post in a PDF. format please ??

Cheers

Ric
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Adams
Australia
Oakleigh
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
A fan of new Knizia games
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
This looks wonderful.

I don’t quite understand the “thingy”. Is it simply to stop the federation tokens sliding around? Is it inverted in some way, or is it 4 pieces of foam core glued together to make the 20mm depth?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bram
Netherlands
Enschede
Overijssel
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
dougadamsau wrote:
This looks wonderful.

I don’t quite understand the “thingy”. Is it simply to stop the federation tokens sliding around? Is it inverted in some way, or is it 4 pieces of foam core glued together to make the 20mm depth?


The thingy is indeed to stop the tokens from sliding around. It is inverted (so a base + walls to make the 20 mm depth and place upside down).
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bram
Netherlands
Enschede
Overijssel
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Peisistratous wrote:

Would a 250GG payment help you find that little bit of needed time and to post in a PDF. format please ??

Cheers

Ric


I'll do it for free

However, I'll have time around Christmas, not earlier.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenrick Fearn
France
Ruffec
Charente
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Lol...no you deserve a bit of a tip ...besides what else can I do with my hoard of treasure other than reward those who go that extra mile to do special things for games like you have done ...

Once it’s posted I will send the trinkets ...

Cheers

Ric
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Adams
Australia
Oakleigh
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
A fan of new Knizia games
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I built this today - really good. Everything goes in nice and snug.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
boris p
Germany
flag msg tools
mb


Thank You

(btw. took me 3 hours but was myfirst foam core project)
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bram
Netherlands
Enschede
Overijssel
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Peisistratous wrote:
Lol...no you deserve a bit of a tip ...besides what else can I do with my hoard of treasure other than reward those who go that extra mile to do special things for games like you have done ...

Once it’s posted I will send the trinkets ...

Cheers

Ric


I've found some free time to make the plans .

However, I don't know how to do them digitally, so I've drawn them by hand as clear as possible. Hopefully, they're readable.
3 
 Thumb up
250
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenrick Fearn
France
Ruffec
Charente
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
eleates wrote:
Peisistratous wrote:
Lol...no you deserve a bit of a tip ...besides what else can I do with my hoard of treasure other than reward those who go that extra mile to do special things for games like you have done ...

Once it’s posted I will send the trinkets ...

Cheers

Ric


I've found some free time to make the plans .

However, I don't know how to do them digitally, so I've drawn them by hand as clear as possible. Hopefully, they're readable.


Bloody brilliant ...cheers enjoy your gold many thanks

Ric
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bram
Netherlands
Enschede
Overijssel
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Peisistratous wrote:


Bloody brilliant ...cheers enjoy your gold many thanks

Ric


No problem. I actually liked drawing the plans.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Marsh
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
ahh, get it off.. get it... GET IT OFF!!
badge
ahh, get it off.. get it... GET IT OFF!!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
eleates wrote:
Peisistratous wrote:
Lol...no you deserve a bit of a tip ...besides what else can I do with my hoard of treasure other than reward those who go that extra mile to do special things for games like you have done ...

Once it’s posted I will send the trinkets ...

Cheers

Ric


I've found some free time to make the plans .

However, I don't know how to do them digitally, so I've drawn them by hand as clear as possible. Hopefully, they're readable.


your hand drawn plans are fantastic. if you are interested in learning to produce them digitally the program to use is Sketchup. It's free and it's not too bad to learn.

this comment of mine links to the 3 videos I watched to learn Sketchup - https://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/115468/item/4043624?c...
1 
 Thumb up
5.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bram
Netherlands
Enschede
Overijssel
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
colinmarsh wrote:


your hand drawn plans are fantastic. if you are interested in learning to produce them digitally the program to use is Sketchup. It's free and it's not too bad to learn.

this comment of mine links to the 3 videos I watched to learn Sketchup - https://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/115468/item/4043624?c...


Thanks a lot
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anna Lion
msg tools
If anyone is interested I have made the solidworks version of your project!I can share the files if you want!
Can I ask you a favor? Please could you give me the dimension of the player board?
That would really help!

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Schimunek
Austria
St. Poelten
flag msg tools
thanks bram for this great design!

i did some small modifications, because i like it when boards are on top, so they can be put on the table first. else i only have to take out player-boxes which are used in the actual game.
i sorted stuff which is only needed at game setup, and stuff which is on the game table while playing into seperate trays.

here are some pics:



















regards,
martin
8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert
Germany
Bocholt
flag msg tools
badge
I paid 100 Geek Gold so that you can read this! :-)
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Will the buildings also fit if you just throw them in, or do you need to put them as neatly as shown on the images?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Schimunek
Austria
St. Poelten
flag msg tools
there is enough space to throw them in ;-)
the measurements are the same as brams, i only made the QIC/power token box a bit lower, that they are easier to grab.
this box is 1.9mm deep (+5mm ground) - i made a second empty box with a full height of 1.5mm, to get the same height as the player-boxes (3.9mm).
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bram
Netherlands
Enschede
Overijssel
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Very nice work, Martin. I like yours better than mine
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Schimunek
Austria
St. Poelten
flag msg tools
Thanks Bram! as already mentioned - it's all based on your great design (and measurements), only packed upside down (the only thing you need to change, is to cut the 4x5mm for the faction board out of the top of the box with the tech tiles/automa cards etc. instead of the bottom). even the federation token tray has the same measurements, i only added some pieces on the outside, so that the tokens can't fall out :-)
what i else changed, is to take a thin piece of cardboard as baseplate instead of 5mm foamboard for the box with the tech tiles/automa cards, because the cards are 57mm wide, and will fit in better then.
and i added a grip-hole between the round scoring compartment and the round booster compartment, to get out the player boards and the faction board better.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ramunas Ge
United Kingdom
Portsmouth
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The plans are great but there are some inaccuracies.

Tech tile tray was missing three 54 x 36 mm padding.

And thingies measurements were way too big. I had to shave off 45mm from each to make them fit.

Despite these things it is a great effort and I am very thankful
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.