Popular Tags: [View All]
Gerald Rüscher
Germany
Paderborn
flag msg tools
badge
Brettspieler
mbmbmbmbmb
Boy, it really sucks researching rules questions for Charterstone. Yeah, I get it, we are assumed not to reveal anything in a thread's title. But OTOH this makes it really hard to check if a particular question has already been answered. Maybe it's time for an FAQ?

Anyway, here's my question:

Spoiler (click to reveal)

Regarding minions:
is it correct that a minion never triggers the function of a building?

Or simply: Are we handling minions correctly? Here's the way we do it:

- Minions can only placed in the charter of their owner
- The building must be empty prior to placing the minion
- The minion only triggers the minion's function, not the building itself
- Any player can place a worker in a building with a minion. This does not displace the minion
- Any time a *different* player visits the minion's builing, the minion function is triggered again
- Minions must leave their building when the owning player recalls his workers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Jackson
United Kingdom
Oxford
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Another (probably simple) question about helpers
See Jamey's reply here, he describes your third point. Minions do not only activating their ability when placed on a building, they in fact activate their ability and then the build.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gerald: You were almost correct, with the one correction as noted by Peter. I'll note another way of saying the missing thing:

It's important to remember that minions are workers, and workers use buildings. Minions more than just a bonus.

If the German rules aren't clear about this, please let me know and I'll inform the German translator.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kerstin
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hm, I think the german rules actually spell out quiet clearly that
minions/helpers are a type of worker (in bigger red letters actually) with some restrictions that are given, but for anything that is not restricted you can just stick to the rules for workers, it was then pretty clear to us what minions/helpers can and can't do
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.