4 Posts

London (second edition)» Forums » Rules

Subject: Unable to activate during the 'run your city' action rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
LittleBlueCubes
msg tools
mb
If there's a card that requires a card to be burnt in order to activate, and if I have no card to burn, I won't be able to activate the card. Does the card still get flipped (as the post-activation action) during the 'run your city' action, irrespective of whether the card was activated or not?!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Clarke
United Kingdom
Caithness
Scotland
flag msg tools
LittleBlueCubes wrote:
If there's a card that requires a card to be burnt in order to activate, and if I have no card to burn, I won't be able to activate the card. Does the card still get flipped (as the post-activation action) during the 'run your city' action, irrespective of whether the card was activated or not?!

When you run your city, you choose which stacks get activated. You are not compelled to activate every stack. So in your case, you wouldn’t activate that card and it wouldn’t get flipped.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damien Cosgrove
United Kingdom
Bury St Edmunds
Suffolk
flag msg tools
mbmb
Highland Cow wrote:
LittleBlueCubes wrote:

When you run your city, you choose which stacks get activated. You are not compelled to activate every stack. So in your case, you wouldn’t activate that card and it wouldn’t get flipped.

100% agree, if you don;t activate it, it doesn't get flipped.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Poole
United States
Goldsboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Udu Wudu
badge
Udu Wudu
mbmbmbmbmb
In fact there are many cases where you wouldn't want to flip cards in order to save them for later
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.