9 Posts

SeaFall» Forums » Rules

Subject: spoilers box 4 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
marc thevenot
msg tools
Hi guys,

My party and i are french and we had severe discussions yesterday during our game.

Spoiler (click to reveal)
1 - A player conquered ker turn 3 and payed 6 enmity tokens. During the next winter, the rules say these ennmity tokens go to the box "at war with" of the previous owner. In this case, there is no one. So, What is the fate of these tokens ?
A- the player keep them back and start the second year with these tokens avalaible
B- these tokens stay on ker and he will take them back at the end of the game
C- Obi wan kenobi

2 - Now, ker belongs to a player. For the next game, at the beginning of that game, does he gain one glory for the automatic activation of ker ?

3 - A particular case about patmos advisors (that didn't happen ... for now)
some Patmos adivsors provide glory when you hire them. Now, if you plunder a vault where one of this advisors is, do you gain additional glory ? and do the previous owner loose glory ?

thx in advance

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Andrikopoulos
Greece
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
fly24 wrote:
Hi guys,

My party and i are french and we had severe discussions yesterday during our game.

1 - A player conquered ker turn 3 and payed 6 enmity tokens. During the next winter, the rules say these ennmity tokens go to the box "at war with" of the previous owner. In this case, there is no one. So, What is the fate of these tokens ?
A- the player keep them back and start the second year with these tokens avalaible
C- Obi wan kenobi

2 - Now, ker belongs to a player. For the next game, at the beginning of that game, does he gain one glory for the automatic activation of ker ?

some Patmos adivsors provide glory when you hire them. Now, if you plunder a vault where one of this advisors is, do you gain additional glory ? and do the previous owner loose glory ?

thx in advance

Here is how our group played it:

1. B. his enmity tokens stayed on the island as if he raided it
2. Yes he does.
3. Yes, the new owner gets 1 glory and 1 glory is subtracted from the previous owner.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Marsh
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
ahh, get it off.. get it... GET IT OFF!!
badge
ahh, get it off.. get it... GET IT OFF!!
mbmbmbmbmb
fly24 wrote:
Hi guys,

C- Obi wan kenobi

thx in advance

i'm confused about one thing here. was this the first time Ker was conquered or are you saying one player took it from another player. I think it's the first one but I'm not 100% certain.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
marc thevenot
msg tools
sorry if i was unclear. It was the first time ker was conquered.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
marc thevenot
msg tools
Giannis2 wrote:
fly24 wrote:
Hi guys,

C- Obi wan kenobi

thx in advance

Here is how our group played it:

1. B. his enmity tokens stayed on the island as if he raided it
2. Yes he does.
3. Yes, the new owner gets 1 glory and 1 glory is subtracted from the previous owner.

Thank you for that answer john.
In our group, we choose B with a little difference. Since the previous owner was an ancient king and as he was defeated, we stated this hostility disapear with him at the end of the game. The player involved took back freely these tokens at the end of the game (without using successes provided by reputation/fortune). To be clear, the enmity cost of this action was already payed by these tokens and the 4+2 enmity stickers indicated in the rulebook (paragraph defeat ker).

Answers are important for me because all others players wanted solution A and the player involved began to cry me a river. ( he's probably reading this, hello miguel ). I didn't concede.

Other opinions will be appreciated

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Neppel
msg tools
mb
There is a milestone for conquering Ker the first time. The milestone entry will tell you how to resolve the enmity... it is a special case. If you have already finished game you may be able to retcon it, but if i remember correctly, you are supposed to leave "STICKERS" WHen you conquer Ker. 4 go onto "former ker" and two go on other islands, your choice. This is explicitly stated in the booke entry which you should have read.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
marc thevenot
msg tools
the milestone entry didn't tell us how to resolve enmity, it just gave a choice between two permanent bonuses. However, the rulebook told us to leave stickers after ker was conquered and we did it, no problem. But, to conquer ker, we had to treat it as a colony. And to conquer a colony, you have to leave 6 enmity tokens.

Are you saying we did'nt have to pay 6 tokens ?

ok i am probably wrong i see it now. what a mess ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sporktopia Games
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tim has it right.

You leave the stickers as it says in lieu of placing the tokens. At least that's how we played it and that seems to make the most sense. You are giving 6 enmity, but it's as stickers instead of tokens and since it's a pirate king and not a player, it's distributed slightly differently.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Becq
United States
Cerritos
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup, stickers only in that scenario!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.