Subject: Can move units adjacent to enemy units to fire rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
roberto alba luque
Spain
Paterna
flag msg tools
My question is:

One infantery unit can move to close enemy cavalry or infantery to fire them, not assaulting. I refer move to have them in fire range segment?.

Thank you if you can help me. I cant find reference about that in the rulebook.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Borchers
United States
Keller
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As long as units have the necessary movement points, there's nothing to prohibit them from moving adjacent to the enemy. The whole Roll to Close procedure is for assaults/close combat.

Closing the distance for fire combat is a legitimate tactic, but whether or not fire combat alone will give you the result you want is another thing. It can work to check an enemy advance or hold an opponent in place, but you'll need to combine it with assaults to have any hope of decisively taking ground. Otherwise, especially between units with similar fire and unit size characteristics, it becomes a bit of an exercise in luck as both sides exchange casualties, and hope to outlast each other.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
roberto alba luque
Spain
Paterna
flag msg tools
Thank you for your answer. Is true as risk tactic. I see no assault space now closing enemy vs artillery -12 value

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.