Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Frank Wille
Germany
Herford
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Some questions popped up during my last session:

1. When my AFV is destroyed in VBM, does its wreck also remain in static VBM? If yes: Is it a Hindrance or does it give any TEM in this state?

2. Reading D2.2 and D2.3 gives me the impression that I have not the same options in reverse VBM as in normal VBM. It sounds like the only reverse VBM allowed is to drive backwards out of normal movement into a hexside. And when I want to continue driving backwards I can only leave VBM by driving into the rear hex. I cannot change the VCA at the rear-CAFP and continue reverse movement on the next hexside, like I can do when moving forwards. Correct?

EDIT: Yes, seems correct. BruceP already explained it here! Missed that.

3. Firing on a Vehicle in reverse VBM is still at its front CAFP?

4. According to D5.42 I enter my previously abandoned AFV with its crew, expending all their MF. May the AFV now fire in the AFPh of the same turn? Would it be Bounding Fire Case B (because the AFV didn't move into a new hex) or Case C?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martí Cabré

Terrassa
Catalonia, Spain
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Yes, the wreck remains in VBM and will block other VBM in the hexside. Check D9.4 for hindrance requirements. Check D9.3 for TEM requirements. To understand the rules remember that a vehicle in VBM is inside the hex and in the same Location that the obstacle it is bypassing.

3. Yes

4. Yes. I think it would be B because the vehicle did not move.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Wille
Germany
Herford
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok. I didn't expect that a vehicle can fire in the same turn it was reentered.
Thanks for the answers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Probst
Australia
Glen Waverley
VIC
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Elaborating a bit on Marti's answer to Q1:

(NRBH, so can't give you eaxct rules quotes, sorry.)

A vehicle/wreck is only a hindrance when the hex containing it is in same-level LOS of both the firer and the target. Since by definition that hex must contain either woods or building, the odds are fairly high that the obstacle itself will block LOS, making any hindrance irrelevant.

However, certainly there will be situations where the LOS will pass through the hex but not through the obstacle. In that case the core principle applies: both firer and target must have a same-level LOS to the vehicle/wreck, which in this case (since it's in VBM) has to be drawn to the applicable CAFP.

So if the LOS doesn't pass through the obstacle, and both firer and target have a LOS to the CAFP where the vehicle/wreck is located, it will create a hindrance -- even if it's in a hexside not being crossed by the LOS! (That's because, as Marti says, the vehicle, even in VBM, is still IN the hex -- and vehicle/wreck hindrances behave as if they were Inherent -- i.e., they "fill" the hex, if all the other pre-requisites are met.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Klas Malmstrom
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
For a wreck in Bypass, the LOS has to cross the hexside (not necessarily the CAFP) is bypassing in order for it to constitute a Hindrance.

Of course both firer and target still needs a LOS to it (i.e., the CAFP).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Probst
Australia
Glen Waverley
VIC
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Klas is correct, of course. The hexside requirement is stated in D9.4. The hazards of providing answers without rules handy (and/or being an idiot) bite me once again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.