Fallout» Forums » General

Subject: About the quality of components rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
as. nielo
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
It would be really cool if all the game decks were of one standard card size and printed on linen finish plastic like material. Version showed at Essen lacked both features. For some reason I don’t like half-sized cards printed on thin cardboard.

Anybody share same expectations?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Overtext pending moderation...
mbmbmbmbmb
The version at Essen was likely printed in-house and won't be the same quality as the final version. The final version will be the same quality as all other FFG games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johannes Blank
Germany
Münster
Northrine-Westphalia
flag msg tools
badge
If the sun was always shining and our load always light // We’d be shaking like a leaf with every God given night // And we’d break under the weight // Of any pain that ever came in this life
mbmbmbmbmb
When you look at pictures of the game being played in Essen, that's an unfinished prototype. Finalized versions were exhibited in a glass vitrine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruno Reeuws
Belgium
Wevelgem
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
the version at Essen was indeed not final
they had the same feel as Xcom demo's from a couple of years ago so don't worry.
FFG quality will be met when they release it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E D
United States
wilton
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I encourage you to watch some videos from Essen ... all the ones in English I saw mentioned this was a prototype and not in finished form. I didn't watch the non-English videos, so maybe those [p]reviewers left out that detail.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
as. nielo
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Nah, my quality considerations came from touching and feeling the game myself at Essen. Neither copies on table nor on display featured matte finish cards.

I only have Descent 2nd edition from FFG and to my dissapointment it is also not the case. Maybe to high expectation but really, have bunch of card games printed on this material. IE Thunderstone Advance. I would like to see it a standard in boardgaming.

Paper is prone to water/juice/beer damage while polyester cards not. I don’t mean playing Fallout in swimming pool but spill incidents do happen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill the Pill
United States
Oneonta
New York
flag msg tools
mbmb
Sleeve to protect your investment!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.