Gloomhaven» Forums » General

Subject: Availability in retail rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Wojciech Król
msg tools
mb
Hello.

In europe some of my friends seem to be getting their 2nd edition copies from KS.

I ordered mine form a store. There has been contradicting information about when the game will hit retail. Can someone clarify, if the stores will have the game around the same time, or retail versions are different shipment, and/or there is an "embargo" to make the games available after backers get it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sir Zeliec
Bulgaria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Late December / Early January, but sadly it's undefined

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wojciech Król
msg tools
mb
Any source? Because some stores claim they will have the game this month, some say, no sooner than january. I messaged a few

Can you tell I'm impatient?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jayson Deare
Canada
flag msg tools
I preordered a copy and it is supposed to arrive sometime at the end of this month in North America but who knows

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Krawhitham B
New Zealand
Napier
Hawkes Bay
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My best guess is that retail copies will be on the same boats as KS copies.

The information we've had so far is that KS backers get priority, but I doubt that this means a whole separate shipment to retailers. Hopefully the distribution centres are under instruction to ship KS copies first.

If you are impatient, just try to imagine that you live in New Zealand and that the boat won't be arriving until the back end of November.... in Australia.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Throknor
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Krawhitham wrote:

The information we've had so far is that KS backers get priority, but I doubt that this means a whole separate shipment to retailers. Hopefully the distribution centres are under instruction to ship KS copies first.

If you are impatient, just try to imagine that you live in New Zealand and that the boat won't be arriving until the back end of November.... in Australia.
They separated backers without addons first. There's no reason it can't be backers without, then with, then retailers. Of course, that may still be by country. So some may still be before others.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wojciech Król
msg tools
mb
Oh yea, I am talkin about Europe btw.

Isaac said that last shipment arrived like today, so I am hoping to play before next year.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean L
United Kingdom
Coventry
West Midlands
flag msg tools
Krawhitham wrote:

There are five separate boats just for the KS copies. It's likely there will be more than one boat just for retail.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aldo Ghiozzi
United States
Brentwood
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Our company, Impressions, handles the wholesale side...

KS copies are shipping now. Wholesale copies are on boats going all over the world to distributors. Chances are late November to early December to be in stores worldwide.

Best,
Aldo Ghiozzi
Owner
Impressions
aldo@impressionsadv.net

Wodorek wrote:
Hello.

In europe some of my friends seem to be getting their 2nd edition copies from KS.

I ordered mine form a store. There has been contradicting information about when the game will hit retail. Can someone clarify, if the stores will have the game around the same time, or retail versions are different shipment, and/or there is an "embargo" to make the games available after backers get it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Glimme
United States
California
flag msg tools
Thanks for the info Impressions! It is good to know I can buy it before the end of year.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Bruhn
Germany
flag msg tools
mb
I received the following answer from Isaac:

Subject: Re:Gloomhaven to distributors by late October.
Benjamin,

We've had some delays since then, so retailers should be starting to get their games in late November or early December.

Isaac
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A Belgian dude
United States
St Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
For from God and through Him and to Him are all things. To Him be glory forever (Romans 11:36)
badge
A Belgian geek currently in the USA ! Btw, the image is the "Manneken-Pis", a Belgian monument. Google it!
mbmbmbmbmb
Do we have any informations at all about the price?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Bruhn
Germany
flag msg tools
mb
In Germany the retail price is between 130 - 140 €
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A Belgian dude
United States
St Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
For from God and through Him and to Him are all things. To Him be glory forever (Romans 11:36)
badge
A Belgian geek currently in the USA ! Btw, the image is the "Manneken-Pis", a Belgian monument. Google it!
mbmbmbmbmb
Whane wrote:
In Germany the retail price is between 130 - 140 €

Thanks. Probably going to be in the same range for the US then.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessio Serafini
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Will retail have miniatures or standees?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron S
United States
Ventura
California
flag msg tools
I don't remember what I ate last night
badge
but I can spout off obscure rules to all sorts of game like nobody's business!
mbmbmbmbmb
sirale wrote:
Will retail have miniatures or standees?
Character miniatures, monster standees.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wojciech Król
msg tools
mb
Is there an another delay?

Few stores now list it as available in march.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.