Subject: Character repeats you'd LIKE to see? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Adelin Dumitru
Romania
Bucharest
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We all know that everyone is tired of yet another version of Spidey or Captain America. However, I feel that some characters are so iconic that they need to be in the game several times. Moreover, some characters might not have the best possible design (Dr Strange, I'm looking at you). So, which hero you'd like to see more of in the future?

Unworthy Thor
Spider-Man 2099
War World Hulk
Iron Man Armor 13 - Hulkbuster
X-Force Deadpool
Infinity Gauntlet Thanos
Guardians of the Galaxy Kitty Pryde
Guardians of the Galaxy Agent Venom
Dr Strange Sorcerer Supreme

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Wheelock
Canada
Woodstock
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
badge
David Malki drew this!
mbmbmbmbmb
You know how Ascension has cards that sort of evolve once you meet a certain criteria (gain 3 VP, play another class first, etc)? I’d like to see some of that in Legendary, and it could work well with Bruce Banner. His cards start cheap and less effective, then get replaced by Hulk cards.

Other than that, maybe better versions of Emma Frost & Ghost Rider. Professor X probably deserves another slot, I guess.

Maybe a couple more Wolverines, too. You can’t ever have too many of those.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nic Cannelora
United States
flag msg tools
I would LOVE to see a version of Kitty Pryde that has Phasing - you know, her only mutant ability!! SMH

Otherwise, as an x-fan, i’d love to see any Age of Apocalypse variants to go with the Apocalyptic Kitty (especially for some of the villains-turned-good characters like Sabretooth, Magneto, or Juggernaut).

Also, as a Gambit fan, I could get on board with an Angel of Death Gambit. Also, I could get on board with some more combo-characters like these:

Iceman/Beast
Thor/Loki
Cyclops/Havok
Cable/Deadpool
Vision/Scarlet Witch
Black Widow/Hawkeye

you get the idea =]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
YaVerOt YaVerOt
United States
Arvada
Colorado
flag msg tools
Armchair warriors often fail, and we've been poisoned by these fairy tales.
badge
Aoi Aoi toki ga toke dasheta.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd like another professor X, a heroic Magneto, those GotG sound good too.

I heard something about a F4 Spider-man, if they did that with a split card one side could be cost 2, the other could be cost 4 with size-changing so he triggers both other spideys and Invisible Woman.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Theorel Masheriel
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmb
I think we could use another Black Widow really...one that's more spy and less Bystander-rescue. I'm not sure exactly what that would look like, but particularly since the one we have is OP, it'd be cool to be able to include her without feeling like I've set the game to easy-mode.

Certainly more Hulk as well...he's had so many different characterizations in the comics, it seems like we could use at least 1 more in Legendary.

I think another Doctor Strange would be good.

And another Storm and Black Panther would each be welcome, non-divided.

Other than that, there are many characters I wouldn't mind another version of, such as any base-game hero with only 1 iteration (except Emma Frost, I don't want another Emma Frost). Most of Dark City would also be fine, although I feel like those characters are overall better done, and less in need of a revisit. After that the list dwindles quickly...
Psylocke, Luke Cage, and maybe Vision? are the only characters that come to mind that I'd really be interested in seeing another iteration of. (Note: I'm not counting characters that are single-cards on a divided character. I'd like to see many of them as full-heroes, but I don't think those count as "repeats")

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean Harris
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It'd be nice to get a regular set of Luke Cage and Jessica Jones.

Also, I'd love a double sided card deck for Thor and Hulk, because of Ragnarok.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
Your cat likes me more
badge
In brightest day / In blackest night / No evil shall escape my sight / Let those who worship evil's might / Beware my power--Green Lantern's light!
mbmbmbmbmb
I think we need a Fan Favorites box with Spider-man, Captain America, Wolverine, Iron Man, and Spider-man.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Heisey
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Theorel wrote:
(Note: I'm not counting characters that are single-cards on a divided character. I'd like to see many of them as full-heroes, but I don't think those count as "repeats")

I have always thought it odd that divided is the only way we've seen Cloak and Dagger.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance Good
msg tools
No more Wolverine, Spiderman or Captain America!
I havent bought Homecoming and I am not planning to. I have enough Spiderman content to play.
Now for who I would like to see..
Odinson
World Breaker Hulk
Shadowcat (with Phasing!)
Iceman second mutation
Grey Hulk
Cable & Deadpool (Divided Card)
Magneto (Hero)
Scarlet Witch (new hero)
Quicksilver (New Hero)
Warmachine (New Hero)
Hank Pym & Wasp (Divided Card)
Hulk Buster Ironman
Millie the Model (J/K)

Are you listening Upper Deck?

Regards

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Puderbaugh
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So much goodness has already been mentioned!

ncannelora wrote:

Otherwise, as an x-fan, i’d love to see any Age of Apocalypse variants to go with the Apocalyptic Kitty (especially for some of the villains-turned-good characters like Sabretooth, Magneto, or Juggernaut).

Also, as a Gambit fan, I could get on board with an Angel of Death Gambit.

AoA is my favorite X-Men story and Gambit is my all-time favorite superhero - so YES PLEASE!!

yaverot wrote:
I'd like another professor X, a heroic Magneto, those GotG sound good too.

I heard something about a F4 Spider-man, if they did that with a split card one side could be cost 2, the other could be cost 4 with size-changing so he triggers both other spideys and Invisible Woman.

thumbsup Especially Professor X

Theorel wrote:
I think we could use another Black Widow really...one that's more spy and less Bystander-rescue. I'm not sure exactly what that would look like, but particularly since the one we have is OP, it'd be cool to be able to include her without feeling like I've set the game to easy-mode.

Certainly more Hulk as well...he's had so many different characterizations in the comics, it seems like we could use at least 1 more in Legendary.

I think another Doctor Strange would be good.

And another Storm and Black Panther would each be welcome, non-divided.

Sounds good to me!

insightfulstrike wrote:
It'd be nice to get a regular set of Luke Cage and Jessica Jones.

Also, I'd love a double sided card deck for Thor and Hulk, because of Ragnarok.

Oh yeah! Part of a Defenders box? Insta-buy!

Conotar wrote:
Are you listening Upper Deck?

I sure hope so!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David A
United States
Yorktown
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"Just Say NO" to more repeats until we get more of the awesome characters that already exist, but aren't yet represented in the game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Wheelock
Canada
Woodstock
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
badge
David Malki drew this!
mbmbmbmbmb
Thud105 wrote:
"Just Say NO" to more repeats until we get more of the awesome characters that already exist, but aren't yet represented in the game!

I’m with you on that, but you know what they say: wish in one hand...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyrell Archer
Canada
Guelph
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll never say no to another Spider-Man. At some point, I'd like to see Spider-Man 2099, Superior Spider-Man, and even Spider-Ham.

I think we need to see Marvel Knights versions of Doctor Strange and Luke Cage. Does Jessica Jones count as wanting a new version?

I've always wanted to see a Future Foundation set, with new versions of Mr. Fantastic, Invisible Woman, Spider-Man, and Thing, and a Doctor Doom hero. I don't know if we will ever get new FF content, but it'd be nice to see. Maybe throw in a divided Franklin and Valeria Richards?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce C
United States
flag msg tools
Let's play together! - Legendary DXP
badge
I don't tell people what to do on their turn, I might as well be playing by myself.
mbmbmbmbmb
X-23 Wolverine... so double repeat I guess.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Wheelock
Canada
Woodstock
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
badge
David Malki drew this!
mbmbmbmbmb
TyrellArcher wrote:
Maybe throw in a divided Franklin and Valeria Richards?

Franklin Richards would have 14 rare cards. One would recover all the KOed cards, one would switch the Mastermind with another one, one would change the game into a Euro about space colonization, etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Hatinen
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mb
For me, the first and second answer is definitely Hulk. More than a few of the Base Set characters would also qualify (Black Widow, Rogue, Hawkeye), and I definitely support another Professor X. It strikes me as odd that we have multiple versions of many of the key X-Men but not him. Nightcrawler is another X-Men who's a huge presence in their comics, and would qualify as sufficiently popular to warrant another appearance.

I definitely support the idea of seeing pretty much any of the X-Men villains turned Heroes, like Sabertooth, Mystique and above all of course Magneto. Not getting an X-Man Magneto was easily the biggest disappointment I had from learning about that set's contents. I'll welcome them however they come, be it Age of Apocalypse, current X-Men or the hypothetical set Wolverine's Day at the Spa.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
Your cat likes me more
badge
In brightest day / In blackest night / No evil shall escape my sight / Let those who worship evil's might / Beware my power--Green Lantern's light!
mbmbmbmbmb
Tsallak wrote:
It strikes me as odd that we have multiple versions of many of the key X-Men but not him.

We have two Professor X masterminds! (Villains and Noir)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Taylor Gardner
United States
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mb
Thor
Professor X
War Machine
Scarlet Witch
Vision
Quicksilver
Dr Strange
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyrell Archer
Canada
Guelph
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just got back from seeing Thor Ragnarok, and it reminded me that Thor and Hulk are two characters we really should see a lot more of. So far we've only seen one other Thor, and that was Jane Foster. Let's see some Beta Ray Bill, Young Thor, Old Man Thor... lots of possibilities, thanks to the Thor Corps.

I'd also like to see a classic Ms. Marvel, for no other reason than I like Carol Danvers and would love to see her in the game more. Current Ms. M as well, but we're just talking about repeats here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
More martial arts characters. Iron fist, Elektra, Shang-Chi, etc.

And more Captain Marvel.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ranger Rob
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
Keeper of the *** Marvel Master Database *** A custom card directory for Marvel Legendary.
badge
Find the Marvel Master Database in the Variants section of the Marvel Legendary Forums.
mbmbmbmbmb
X-Men Colossus
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Wheelock
Canada
Woodstock
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
badge
David Malki drew this!
mbmbmbmbmb
RangerRob24 wrote:
X-Men Colossus

Drink!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Knutson
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know I am going to catch heat for even suggesting this, but I'd like to see another Spider-Man released that doesn't have the 2 cost mechanic. I'd love to have a "normal" set of cards for him. I've made my own custom version that I regularly use, but I'd love to have something "official".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin H

Maine
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Everybody get ready for the Avengers big box set featuring:

Spider-man
Wolverine
Captain America
Beast
Falcon
Daredevil

Oh, and maybe some new characters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyrell Archer
Canada
Guelph
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jhochges wrote:
Everybody get ready for the Avengers big box set featuring:

Spider-man
Wolverine
Captain America
Beast
Falcon
Daredevil

Oh, and maybe some new characters.

New Avengers set? I'd buy that...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.