Matthew Peckham
England
Dorking
Surrey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Our group is thoroughly enjoying this game, but we just scored a ridiculous -1 point on Case 2!

However, because of the way the questions and answers are structured, it's kind of given away where we should have gone and who we should have spoken to.

How do we "re-do" this case, without just skipping straight to what we think we need to do? I'm of the impression that we should count our initial leads to the fork in the road we want and still count those as locations visited on the second playthrough, as well as on the time tracker.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chick Lewis
United States
Claremont
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There really isn't any way to 'unsee' the questions at the end.

However your group decides to replay a scenario is by definition, the proper path for you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chick Lewis
United States
Claremont
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, by now you are probably aware that Armitage cheats (using psychic powers?) to find the best path to solution.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
velvetvoulge wrote:
Our group is thoroughly enjoying this game, but we just scored a ridiculous -1 point on Case 2!

However, because of the way the questions and answers are structured, it's kind of given away where we should have gone and who we should have spoken to.

How do we "re-do" this case, without just skipping straight to what we think we need to do? I'm of the impression that we should count our initial leads to the fork in the road we want and still count those as locations visited on the second playthrough, as well as on the time tracker.

If you can figure out how to go back in time and redo decisions of the past, please share.

I'm of the opinion that you don't get a 'redo' on this game. One and done, what's in the past happened, and if you got a -1 score, then you have a story about it and will be more thorough next time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Peckham
England
Dorking
Surrey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Thanks for all the replies, everyone.

I think we really would like to go back and play this scenario again because we did so miserably. Or at least quick-step through it just to glean a bit more information and see where we went wrong.

I think we'll jot down which leads we definitely would follow again and start the time tracker at that point. I think I know where we should have gone (and when), but even looking back at it now, knowing the answers, it's not the strongest lead we should have followed up on. I'm not sure how we were ever meant to go that way!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Hostetler
United States
Warminster
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We found case one pretty easy (or maybe we got lucky?) but 2 and 3 kicked our buts!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Peckham
England
Dorking
Surrey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
slydog75 wrote:
We found case one pretty easy (or maybe we go lucky?) but 2 and 3 get our buts!

I wouldn't say we found case one "easy", but we did manage to, in the allocated time, figure out both the criminal aspect and the occult aspect of the investigation, although we didn't manage a tidy open-and-shut case (but I think that's meant to be the idea).

Case two though, we managed to answer the first one or two questions at the end before they started asking about people and places we had never even heard of. It was too easy to start off down a path of investigation, following lead after lead until you hit a dead end. I feel like the best way to go forward is to follow a lead in each branch (police, occultist, criminologist, etc.) then follow each of those up with one more lead before deciding which is the best path to take.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Lheureux
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I did go back and do one or two cases again. While it wasn’t a play through or discovery, it was a play through with the goal to efficiently solve the puzzle. However I wouldn’t stress it out and I’d just move on.

I’ll be honest with you with some time (6-12 month) I would expect you will naturally forget enough that you could replay the game again.

Another fun thought is I played a case once with my group and the ran the case again with another group in more of a DM role letting the rest of the group make all the decisions and it was still enjoyable for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.