Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Larry Eisenstein
United States
Lilburn
GA
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I know they are trying to produce a new inset to accommodate card sleeving. Is this going to delay shipment??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reuben Landon
United States
Marion
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's Kickstarter... It's going to be delayed 😉
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tiago Soares
Ireland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Weezer_Geek wrote:
It's Kickstarter... It's going to be delayed 😉

Unfortunately it's becoming the rule, not the exception...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Hudson
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
We updated here:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Birkett
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
The game is going to be awesome! Well worth the wait.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Eisenstein
United States
Lilburn
GA
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Can someone post a text update? The video is not working for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg S
United States
Gloucester
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
crimsonandwhite wrote:
We updated here:

You know, it's not that hard to simply write that the game will be delayed, and your current expectation is for sometime in February (according to the video update).

Delivering this kind of bad news through a (broken) video link just ticks people off. I know it ticked me off. Are you that worried about negative news and possible cancellations? Take some responsibility for clear and direct communication, please.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Qualm wrote:
You know, it's not that hard to simply write that the game will be delayed, and your current expectation is for sometime in February (according to the video update).

In all fairness to James, I am sure posting a broken link was not intentional. Try this:

Although I see your point in requesting that James just post a one sentence update, I can see why he would just post a link to an existing update. A 6 minute video, with reasons behind the delay, is more meaningful than just a single sentence. As long as James has a complete explanation, that is the best response he could give that is clear and direct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg S
United States
Gloucester
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No, a YouTube video is not the best response or update he could give that is clear and direct.

When you post an update on Kickstarter which breaks some bad news, you shouldn't do it in the form of a link to a YouTube video. The same goes for a post in a thread on BGG which is asking for an update.

I understand he has some stuff he's proud of and wants to show off. I understand he wants to make sure we see that to soften the bad news. I understand he may be nervous or concerned about negative reaction to the 2 month delay.

But none of that makes a YouTube video the best or most direct response. A few lines of text on Kickstarter and here is the best and most direct response. Think about it, nobody posts questions in the form of YouTube videos, do they? Could you imagine?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pierre-Gilles Pecquereau
Belgium
Brussels
Jette
flag msg tools
Daddy & Boardgamer in Brussels - Belgium
badge
Founder of Boardgame Monkeys
mbmbmbmbmb
Being a late backer - I have no access to the KS updates, so thanks for posting this video.

I don't mind the 2 (that will become probably 4 or 6) months delay after 40 KS projects ... I know the drill .

I prefer you take your time, especially if you work with someone who made the AMAZING LoL inserts ! Please do not forget people who are SLEEVING CARDS !! Thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Richards
United Kingdom
Alton
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I accept that in a video update you can really express yourself so that your audience can get a feel of how you actually feel about things you are reporting.

I understand that making a video update takes time and effort that should be appreciated.

I understand that you can get a lot of information across via a video update.

However ... a few lines of text highlighting the salient points with a caveat of "watch the video for full details" would go down extremely well with those of us who are unable to view video all of the time.

Sometimes, it's just inconvenient, and other times it is strictly forbidden, and of course there's all of those other reasons in between.

I just want to know when am I to expect delivery based on your current knowledge, and then in the future when you have new information, I would like to know how this affects the estimated timeline.

I accept that you provide estimates and this is enough, but I would like to know how those estimates are adjusted as new information is known to you, for example will X cause an estimated delay of n weeks/months?

I think it's fair to say that MOST backers are generally an understanding bunch and nobody really expects you to have been spot on with your estimates from the start, however, as new information comes to light you should be able to adjust those estimates and have a clearer picture.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.