9 Posts

Cry Havoc» Forums » Rules

Subject: When you lose a battle in 2 player against Trogs rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Christopher Gallagher
Australia
flag msg tools
I am new to this game and have been playing a 2 player game. I am a little unclear as to the following:

We have had battles against Trogs and lost. When you loose, I believe the rules say that you have to place down a Trog Nest, Leave the Trogs in that region that you battled in and then you yourself have to move to an adjacent region that contains no Battle tokens. But I have found we have had to move onto a region that contains more Trogs, which triggers a battle token (Rules say to place a new battle token).

Does this mean this new battle occurs at this Battle phase as well or does it happen in the next phase - because we have be finding that we just keep losing and moving around the entire board doing battle after battle?

It feels like we are doing something wrong or is this correct that you just keep on battling until there are no more battles and then move on to the next phase?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Mathias
United States
Hendersonville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CapainSmeghead wrote:
I am new to this game and have been playing a 2 player game. I am a little unclear as to the following:

We have had battles against Trogs and lost. When you loose, I believe the rules say that you have to place down a Trog Nest, Leave the Trogs in that region that you battled in and then you yourself have to move to an adjacent region that contains no Battle tokens. But I have found we have had to move onto a region that contains more Trogs, which triggers a battle token (Rules say to place a new battle token).

Does this mean this new battle occurs at this Battle phase as well or does it happen in the next phase - because we have be finding that we just keep losing and moving around the entire board doing battle after battle?

It feels like we are doing something wrong or is this correct that you just keep on battling until there are no more battles and then move on to the next phase?

When you lose to the Trogs you must retreat to an adjacent unoccupied territory, if there is a Trog token there you will flip it, and resolve it. If this creates a new battle, take the next battle token from the unused stack. If this happens during a battle phase, then yes, you will resolve it in the same battle phase.

Also Trog figures never stay on the board, they are always returned to the supply win or lose.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dizz
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
CapainSmeghead wrote:
I believe the rules say that you have to place down a Trog Nest, Leave the Trogs in that region that you battled in and then you yourself have to move to an adjacent region that contains no Battle tokens.

Just to drive the previous comment home, you are correct about placing the Nest token. But make sure to remove the Trog figures from the board.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
HERMANN LUTTMANN
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
On a related matter, we also just played our first game of this 2-player and really enjoyed it. This game is a lot deeper than it first appears - a great gaming experience.

We assumed that when you fight the Trogs and happen to take one prisoner, it simply sits in your "POW camp" and earns you 1 VP per turn for the rest of the game, correct? The other player can't pay the 2 VP to release the figure - right?

Thanks!
Herm
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Mathias
United States
Hendersonville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
HORST324 wrote:
On a related matter, we also just played our first game of this 2-player and really enjoyed it. This game is a lot deeper than it first appears - a great gaming experience.

We assumed that when you fight the Trogs and happen to take one prisoner, it simply sits in your "POW camp" and earns you 1 VP per turn for the rest of the game, correct? The other player can't pay the 2 VP to release the figure - right?

Thanks!
Herm

That is correct, Trog prisoners in a 2 or 3 player game are permanent, and cannot be released.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Otfinowski
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Brandizzle wrote:
CapainSmeghead wrote:
I believe the rules say that you have to place down a Trog Nest, Leave the Trogs in that region that you battled in and then you yourself have to move to an adjacent region that contains no Battle tokens.

Just to drive the previous comment home, you are correct about placing the Nest token. But make sure to remove the Trog figures from the board.

I am fairly certain the Trogs stay on the board in case of a victory. From the rule-book (page 11): When winning the region control objective The surviving units of the player who won the region control objective are returned to the region.

When a player acts for the Trog, for all purposes, they are treated as the "units of the player".

The exception for the Trog is ONLY for placing a nest token as opposed to the control token, and placing a nest token as opposed to retreating units to an adjacent space.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Mathias
United States
Hendersonville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LukeOtfin wrote:
Brandizzle wrote:
CapainSmeghead wrote:

I am fairly certain the Trogs stay on the board in case of a victory. From the rule-book (page 11): When winning the region control objective The surviving units of the player who won the region control objective are returned to the region.

When a player acts for the Trog, for all purposes, they are treated as the "units of the player".

The exception for the Trog is ONLY for placing a nest token as opposed to the control token, and placing a nest token as opposed to retreating units to an adjacent space.

Trog minis are removed from the board in 2 and 3 player games. In 4 Player games they would stick around like any other faction.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Rodiek
United States
Redwood City
CA
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They are removed in 2-3 player games. I promise.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Otfinowski
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I stand corrected. I read the FAQ posted on Portal and came back to say i was wrong, but Grant already got here

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.