Subject: Discarding cards during "Hire" action rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Thorias Silverblade
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yesterday i played for the first time this pretty little game with my girlfriend and we really enjoyed it. We found it to be very tactical and intresting. We didn't have any problems with the rulebook but we need a few clarifications.

First of all considering the cards you pay during the "Hire" action.The rulebook states that you discard from your hand OR your guild.However it does not say that you can "Either" discard from your hand or guild.Does this mean that if i have to discard 3 cards in order to hire,i can't discard one card from my hand AND two from my guild or vice versa?

My other question has to do about the "hire powers" you gain from Hiring a sitizen or completing a quest.When i hire a citizen am i forced to trigger their "hire power" or i have the choice not to do so?The rulebook is not specific about this but in other posts here it has been stated that you have a choise to activate the power or not.

Thank you all in advance for your help.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isaias Vallejo
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi! Glad you enjoyed the game. Yes, you can discard from your hand and your guild. Yes, it’s your choice to trigger the power.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thorias Silverblade
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you very much for the quick response and clarifications and thank you for this great little game!Such a clean and streamlined design!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.