Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason M
Canada
Nepean
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wondering if anyone else has drawn this event card. I had it last night, and when I drew it, I thought "wow, this is the most thematic card my halfling rogue could have drawn!"

It says "you find yourself alone, so why not loot the place?"

Then it says: Every player in a building tile rolls a die:
2 - draw an item card
1 - nothing
0 - you break something, the owner returns and you take 1 damage

The question is: *who* draws an item card?

Thematically, it sounds like for ever 2 rolled, I get to loot the room. But if everyone at the table rolled 0, I'd probably die. Unless the first 0 cancels the event? It doesn't say anything about rolling in turn order, or else it could be like you get to draw a card as long as no one has rolled 0 yet. That's thematic. In terms of Betrayal, it's hideously overpowered to think that one player has the chance to draw up to 6 item cards in one turn unchecked.

How we played it: everyone who rolled 2 drew their own item card. This made no sense, particularly because two of the characters were in the same room tile, so neither of them had "found themselves alone."

When that event card is drawn, other characters could be on their own, but the person who draws it is the only one who you know will absolutely be alone, and able to loot things unsupervised.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Each player "in the building" rolls and takes the effect listed.

So if there are three people in the building: Mage, Rogue and Warrior.

Mage rolls and does what the dies says.
Rogue rolls and does what the die says.
Warrior rolls and does what the die says.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You (plural) find yourselves (plural) alone.

Your party is unmonitored... so you collectively loot the place.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.