Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Yani
Switzerland
Zürich
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
One of the end game scoring tiles give points for buildings within one federation. Since the automas dont do federations (not mentioned in their rules), do they score at all for this tile?

Thanks in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Helge Ostertag
Germany
Hofheim
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The total amount of the automas buildings -1 is automas score for buildings within federations.
(see automa rulebook page 8: final scoring)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Felix Morales
Switzerland
Wettingen
Aargau
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
And how does it work with satellites end scoring tile?

Kind regards,
Felix

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yani
Switzerland
Zürich
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ODAR wrote:

Kind regards,
Felix

Hey Felix,

Each time you build a mine for an automa, you also build one satellite.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Monrad Pedersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
coralsaw wrote:
ODAR wrote:

Kind regards,
Felix

Hey Felix,

Each time you build a mine for an automa, you also build one satellite.

Yeah, here's what it says on page 6 (middle of the right column) in the rules for the Build a Mine action:

Quote:
If the mine was placed on a planet not adjacent to an Automa structure, place a satellite on any non-planet space you choose next to the new mine. (The satellite matters only for the “Most Satellites” final scoring tile.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gregory rivera
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
100 + Scythe Victories Club-Founding Member
mbmbmbmbmb
The rule implies that you can't your starting structures as part of your score. Is this the case and if so do you need to place the satellites on the board when you place the starting mines for the Automa?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oedipussy Rex
msg tools
1) It's most buildings that are part of any federation, not a single federation.

2) coralsaw's answer was correct but ambiguous as the rules quote by mortenmdk showed. When the automa builds a mine that is not adjacent to another building belonging to the automa, a satellite is placed.

3) Assuming you omitted "count," as in "The rule implies that you can't count starting structures as part of your score," How does the the rule imply that? In fact, what do the rules for the automa have to do with your score? You play by the rules; the automa follows its own.

4) No, you do not place a satellite for starting mines for the automa.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.