Subject: Session Report rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Keith Stewart
United States
Cambridge
Illinois
flag msg tools
I found Death Angel on this website in a geeklist and saw that you just needed to print it off to play it. Five ink cartridges later... the game was done. Once I had assembled the board, I briefly explained the rules to my group: Grace and John. We also decided to set the mood of the game by using candlelight only and creepy music.

We all started at the bus. Instead of playing smart and traveling as a group, we decided to stay true to typical "horror movie teens" and split off. I quickly became the strong one, discovering a magnum. And with the roll of a die, John became hunted. Luckily it was before midnight, so there was nothing to worry about... yet.

"DING!" Midnight struck and John was still hunted. Grace rolls. Angel appears. John quickly darts indoors, Angel in the distance. He makes it inside, however loses some health through the window. Angel draws closer. Finally, he opens the door and hides out in the closet (a la Halloween). Angel leaves, but not without building some anger against him. She appears again and again, however John plays it safe inside the closet.

Unfortunately, Grace becomes the hunted and soon after Angel appears. Grace decides to try a different strategy and combats Angel. But Angel is just TOO GOOD! She backhands Grace two spaces and with that Grace takes running off. Angel moves slowly, while Grace scours the ground for weapons. Nothing. Grace bangs heavily on a locked door. Angel meets her and deals her down to her last health point. Grace quickly applies some bandaids and with some timely luck, makes it indoors. She dashes up the stairs while Angel falls down them. Now with Angel close behind her, Grace RUNS to the door. Uh-oh... Grace trips. Angel stands over her body with a hollow face and drives her claws through Grace's neck. You should've known you'll NEVER beat Angel...

I roll a 5 and with that Angel tracks me down in the General Store. With no place to hide, I fall out the window and then shoot back at Angel. SUCCESS! She is unconscious. Knowing the only way to truly free myself from this nightmare is to escape... I approach Angel herself! I slowly go for the bus key lying next to her... and GRAB IT! I RUN for the bus and make my way in. Unfortunately, Angel has healed herself enough to awaken and begins to walk slowly towards the bus. I slam on the gas until I hear that John wants a ride too. "Sure, just HURRY!!" He jumps on and Angel walks closer. I haul John and I out of town, ignoring Grace's pleas. HURRAY! I'M FREE! Eager to score some more, I create a new victim and the fun begins all over again....

This game was great. I can really see what's going on in the town. However, this game DEFINITELY needs some tweaking. I couldn't help to change the rules a little bit because they operate way to closely on dice. Nice game! Especially being that it's only cost is paper (and a lot of ink).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Gill
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Keith,

Thanks for the report - I loved it! I designed this game 10 years ago, but it's great seeing it get some play. If you want to share your rule tweaks, I'm thinking about making a second edition. The current rules are very antiquated and could use some love. Open to player feedback!

Thanks again,
- Anthony
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.