7 Wonders Duel» Forums » Rules

Subject: Guild cards - tie rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Hanna Michta
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Tactician's guild card says - 'At the time it is constructed, this card grants you 1 coin per red card in the city with most red cards.'

Me and my opponent both had two red cards when I built the guild. Do we then both get two coins, do I get it for building or do we both get nothing?

I know a similar question was asked here but still could not figure it out

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Darcy
Australia
Blue Mountains
New South Wales
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You build the guild. So you get the coins no matter who has the most military cards. If you build the guild, your opponent NEVER gets coins from it.

In this case, you get two coins as the person with the most has two. It doesn't matter that you tie for most.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hanna Michta
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
But if my opponent had three, he would get the coins, no? The rule clearly says 'city with most red cards', so it doesn't have to be mine?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
HannaNick wrote:
But if my opponent had three, he would get the coins, no? The rule clearly says 'city with most red cards', so it doesn't have to be mine?

The rule clearly says "this card grants you". You are you.

The amount of your reward depends on the city with the most red cards, which might be your city or might be your opponent's city.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michal Starek
Czech Republic
Sezimovo Usti
flag msg tools
badge
REALLY badass
mbmbmbmbmb
HannaNick wrote:

What exactly would be your motivation to build the card, then?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hanna Michta
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
myyysha wrote:
HannaNick wrote:

None, that's why I didn't understand.
But it makes sense now with what russ put forward. Must be my poor grasp of the English language.
Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bjorn B
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
HannaNick wrote:
myyysha wrote:
HannaNick wrote:

None, that's why I didn't understand.
But it makes sense now with what russ put forward. Must be my poor grasp of the English language.
Thanks!

I made this mistake too. In our first games, we were converting them to coins or wonders, because we thought it would help the other player otherwise.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.