Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rob van Tol
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was wondering something about the following extension:

"During the planning phase, place any tile herel you can use it later for an action at a location of your choice."

Can I use the tile to do the action of another extension I have acquired?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Silberklinge Warlord
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would say yes. There is no restriction in the rules that you can not use thew extension in the same turn.
And i woluld say that this is the main advantage of this extension.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob van Tol
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for your interpretation. I think it was somewhere in the rules that the tiles for the use of an extension has to be on the extension.

"The role tile and extensions bring additional actions into play. These additional actions normally require 1 or more specific tiles as indicated on the card. You need to place exactly these already-stipulated tiles in order to be able to carry out the action later on."

But maybe I misinterpreted the rule. Otherwise you could use the tiles at a a location to use an extension multiple times as well, but I could be wrong. I'm just not sure if the mentioned extension overrules this rule?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Malz
Germany
Vechelde
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Robbus wrote:
Can I use the tile to do the action of another extension I have acquired?

I admit that the written rules are not conclusive on this. The correct rule is that this extension can ONLY increase the planning spaces for actions on your action board, NOT for any extension.

Otherwise, you'd be able to execute extensions more than once per round which would make them too strong.

So again: This extra planning space may ONLY be used for actions on your action board, NOT for extensions!

Best regards
Stefan Malz

[Editor for Altiplano]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob van Tol
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the reply!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juergen Beetz
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Another question regarding this extension where we couldn't agree during our first game:

For using a tile placed on this extension, is it still mandatory that the game figure stands at the "location of your choice"?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob van Tol
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kinski wrote:
Another question regarding this extension where we couldn't agree during our first game:

For using a tile placed on this extension, is it still mandatory that the game figure stands at the "location of your choice"?

You have to be at the location to do the actions related to the location so I would say yes. It's basically a wild storing space that you can use at any location, but you have to be at the location to do the action (only actions from your player board). That's how I interpreted it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
To see with eyes...
badge
... unclouded by hate
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it possible to use the goods tile on this extension in combination with another one on a location to do one action? For example, if I have two fishes and one stone on the Village location on my action board and another stone on this extension, can I store the two fishes, then with another action I build a house with the one on the location and the one on the extension?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rene Raps
Netherlands
Alphen aan den Rijn
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tetragrammaton wrote:
Is it possible to use the goods tile on this extension in combination with another one on a location to do one action? For example, if I have two fishes and one stone on the Village location on my action board and another stone on this extension, can I store the two fishes, then with another action I build a house with the one on the location and the one on the extension?

Yes.
The rules say:
Quote:
During the planning phase, place any tile here; you can use it later for an action at a location of your choice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.