19 Posts

Kingdom Death: Monster» Forums » Rules

Subject: Dead Survivors - Settlement Sheet Record / Character Sheets rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jonathan A
United States
flag msg tools
I just got hit with Plague on LY2. 3 of my survivors will die today.

Without any spoilers, is there any reason to keep a survivor's name/gender/notes on the settlement sheet after they die? Is there any reason to keep their character sheets achieved (and not erase them)?

(Is there any event which will bring survivors back from the dead or is it important to note the names of the dead? Or is the Death Count the only thing that really matters?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Murray Quarmby
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmb
Our version of what to do:
If unnamed survivor (just a number) - reduce number
If named but no Survivor sheet - remove them from settlement sheet
If they have a Survivor sheet, draw a picture to reflect the way they died and store with the growing pile of other pictograph-enhanced dead survivors - these are then used in conversations like 'remember so-and-so, what ever happened to them?' reply 'Butchers cleaver to the head'.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan A
United States
flag msg tools
If a survivor dies at the end of the settlement phase, and that triggers Principle: Death, do you gain a resource or endeavor for that survivor? Or only future dead survivors?

edit: Also, do principles count as innovations for the Hooded Knight story event?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Pflug
Germany
Schwäbisch Gmünd
Baden Würtemberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Without any spoilers: Yes, there is a reason to keep the sheets of your dead survivors and all of their data. You might need them later in the campaign.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emmit Svenson
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mb
Also, you can sew yourself clothes to wear out of dead character sheets. Very thematic.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dobby
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Frozen Flesh wrote:
Without any spoilers: Yes, there is a reason to keep the sheets of your dead survivors and all of their data. You might need them later in the campaign.

Well that stinks, I've just been erasing everything to reuse the sheets.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drake Coker
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
This is my tank for Combat Commander
mbmbmbmbmb
Keep the dead character sheets. While rare, you might need them again. By the end of most campaigns, you should have a nice folder of corpses around.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Middleton
United States
Laramie
Wyoming
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I immediately wad them up and throw them off into a corner to be gathered up and trashed later.

Sometime with varying degrees of annoyance depending on.....things.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan A
United States
flag msg tools
Frozen Flesh wrote:

Perfect.

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B S
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In that case follow up question. I have been using laminated dry erase sheets for my characters. Do I need to record everything about them when they die?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Middleton
United States
Laramie
Wyoming
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You have a death total on the settlement sheet. Assume 50% male/female, and the names don't matter at all.

No actual reason to save anything.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam D
msg tools
mbmb
You do need to record everything, just in case things happen.

I used an excel spread sheet to keep track of all of my survivors when I play solo.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drake Coker
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DegenerateElite wrote:
You have a death total on the settlement sheet. Assume 50% male/female, and the names don't matter at all.

That's not entirely true. There's at least one case where specific character sheets of dead people matter. It's just vary rare (like 0.1% of hunt table rolls).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Middleton
United States
Laramie
Wyoming
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Olvenskol wrote:
DegenerateElite wrote:

That's not entirely true. There's at least one case where specific character sheets of dead people matter. It's just vary rare (like 0.1% of hunt table rolls).

True but you can randomize everything that requires, if it ever happens.

I just love the finality of wadding up the sheet and never looking at it again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drake Coker
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DegenerateElite wrote:
Olvenskol wrote:
DegenerateElite wrote:

True but you can randomize everything that requires, if it ever happens.

I just love the finality of wadding up the sheet and never looking at it again.

I get that! I used to write "RIP" on the sheets and then literally rip them in half!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Wirtz
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Unless there's some event I'm not aware of, there's an extremely small chance of interacting with a dead survivor further than one year after it's died. My group keeps the 2-3 best dead survivors in a given campaign, and the rest get erased when we need more sheets.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Trewartha
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmb
Interesting. I have played a fair bit and the only time I have ever erased a survivor sheet then regretted it was from something in the Flower Knight expansion. Must not have come across the specific event you guys are mentioning.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam D
msg tools
mbmb
From memory
Spoiler (click to reveal)
I think that there are two hunt events that interact with dead survivors. Fleshy monolith and a stone statue sitting on a chair.
Though the second one might not give you a dead survivor back I can't fully remember

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Wirtz
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Spoiler (click to reveal)
The chair swaps in a new guy, though at least a few of us were house ruling it as whichever survivor in any campaign sat on the chair...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.