Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » Religion, Sex, and Politics

Subject: and the Russian Mire get s deeper? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
G Rowls
msg tools
Mostly made up of spare parts and sarcasm! ... HTTP Error 418 I'm a Teapot!
Avatar
mbmb
The BBC is reporting that one of Trumps people (Ross?) who testified he had got rid of his Russian connections didn't in fact do so.


Part of the Abbley papers Off shore tax leak (paradise papers)

Oh and old queenies been at it as well.

edit here is a guardian link https://www.theguardian.com/news/2017/nov/05/trump-commerce-...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pontifex Maximus
United States
CA
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
growlley wrote:
The BBC is reporting that one of Trumps people (Ross?) who testified he had got rid of his Russian connections didn't in fact do so.


Part of the Abbley papers Off shore tax leak (paradise papers)

Oh and old queenies been at it as well.


You mean this little old thing?

Quote:
Trump commerce secretary's business links with Putin family laid out in leaked files

Wilbur Ross stands to profit from company run by Russians, some of whom are under US sanctions


https://www.theguardian.com/news/2017/nov/05/trump-commerce-...

Obviously Fake News. And by Fake I mean not approved by The Donald and his mindless followers
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andre
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Moral of the story: Don't hire billionaires for government jobs, laughs, they are going to have links to SOMETHING that might be viewed as a conflict of interest. Trump is the epitome of this.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Junior McSpiffy
United States
Riverton
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
abadolato01 wrote:
Moral of the story: Don't hire billionaires for government jobs, laughs, they are going to have links to SOMETHING that might be viewed as a conflict of interest. Trump is the epitome of this.


Interesting you say this. Because as I've thought about what a centrist running for POTUS would look like, I've thought that Warren Buffet would be a great choice for a cabinet member. But then, I think he would be willing to actually divest from anything conflict-y as well as the fact that if he did it, he'd be in it to actually be a public servant rather than just wring a few more dollars out of the system.
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
Si non potes reperire Berolini in tabula, ludens essetis non WIF.
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
GameCrossing wrote:
abadolato01 wrote:
Moral of the story: Don't hire billionaires for government jobs, laughs, they are going to have links to SOMETHING that might be viewed as a conflict of interest. Trump is the epitome of this.


Interesting you say this. Because as I've thought about what a centrist running for POTUS would look like, I've thought that Warren Buffet would be a great choice for a cabinet member. But then, I think he would be willing to actually divest from anything conflict-y as well as the fact that if he did it, he'd be in it to actually be a public servant rather than just wring a few more dollars out of the system.


Yeah, fair enough - depends on the billionaire. Trump (assuming he's a billionaire) and his coterie aren't setting a great example, though.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.