Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve Blackett
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Today I managed to get 3 solo games in.

1. Went all the way through the era deck, without getting 1 micro organism.

2. Had 2 microorganisms at the end of the game. No where near ready to turn them in to macro organisms.

3. Finally manage to create my first ever macro organism, only to have arctic armegeddon on the next turn!

Man this game is brutal!

Kudos to you Mr Eklund
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dom Rougier
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Recently, we've been playing this with the "Macro" variant, since you can more reliably see more of the game (and there are interesting decisions to make around multiple macro organisms).

Even then, it can be brutal, and macros don't usually show up until the last few cards, which is correct "historically".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
corum irsei
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've also been using the Macro variant in my last three solo games since it's the recommended variant if you're planning to use Bios:Genesis as a prequel to playing Bios:Megafauna.

- In my first game, I managed to create a macro lifeform during the first era, skipping most of the events. Very few refugia came up in this game, and those that appeared were quickly smitten into oblivion, so in the end I never managed to get more than my lamp shell. At least it survived until the end, though.

- In my second game I didn't get anywhere and Earth froze over.

- In my third game, quickly all refugia came into play, and I managed to create a whopping seven macro organisms. Two died out but five managed to survive until the end: amphibians, earthworms, velvet worms, trilobites and sea weed. Final score: 113! (vs. 5 for the AI's two bionts in my earthworm)
(I would have been able to go terestrial with the trilobites and the sea weed, as well, but then I'd have had to kill of two of them due to overpolulation.)

So, you could say that the game is quite swingy, but I'm really enjoying it, now I've (mostly) figured out how the game works

We also played our first multi-player game, but it's really not easy to teach. At one point I was even (jokingly) accused of making the rules up We had to stop after the first macro-organism had been created, but the players expressed interest in giving it another go.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Hague
United Kingdom
Bristol
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
RAWKET LAWNCHA!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
jhaelen wrote:
- In my third game, quickly all refugia came into play, and I managed to create a whopping seven macro organisms. Two died out but five managed to survive until the end: amphibians, earthworms, velvet worms, trilobites and sea weed. Final score: 113! (vs. 5 for the AI's two bionts in my earthworm)

Are not players restricted two 3 Organisms? How did you create 5 macro's with only 3 bionts?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Sanderson
Thailand
Bangkok
Bangkok
flag msg tools
badge
BATTLEFIELD BANGKOK STORE OWNER
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe in the standard solo game you play two colours?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.