Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
9 Posts

Clans of Caledonia» Forums » Rules

Subject: Fishermen movement rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Edged Square
msg tools
Can fishermen really move once every turn? Does that mean during a round they could circle the loch several times if they wanted?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tahsin Shamma
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Edgedeer wrote:
Can fishermen really move once every turn? Does that mean during a round they could circle the loch several times if they wanted?


From the rules:

Quote:
Once per turn, you can move a Fisherman to an adjacent loch space by rowing but only before your main Action.


This means that the McDonald player can move a SINGLE Fisherman during his/her turn.

If you really wanted to move a single fisherman around the Loch this way, you're welcome to, but eventually they'll want to stay put to establish a settlement and for settlement scoring.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Graham Barnet
msg tools
Hi - I read this to mean that if you had 3 fishermen you could move each of them once per turn?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlos Magno Rosa
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
You can only move ONE of them each turn; not all.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Graham Barnet
msg tools
Thanks. I think it would have been clearer to say "once per turn you can move one fisherman" rather than use "a"
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paulo Renato
Portugal
Vila Nova Gaia
Porto
flag msg tools
I run through Rahdo's Runthroughs and make right what once went wrong (via annotations)
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Geebee1875 wrote:
Thanks. I think it would have been clearer to say "once per turn you can move one fisherman" rather than use "a"


Saying "Move A fisherman" is the exact same thing as "Move ONE fisherman"

"A" doesn't mean all
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Graham Barnet
msg tools
Muse23PT wrote:
Geebee1875 wrote:
Thanks. I think it would have been clearer to say "once per turn you can move one fisherman" rather than use "a"


Saying "Move A fisherman" is the exact same thing as "Move ONE fisherman"

"A" doesn't mean all


Using the capital letter as you have done does indeed place the sentence emphasis on only one fisherman being able to move rather than the emphasis being placed on the once per turn part
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paulo Renato
Portugal
Vila Nova Gaia
Porto
flag msg tools
I run through Rahdo's Runthroughs and make right what once went wrong (via annotations)
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Geebee1875 wrote:
Muse23PT wrote:
Geebee1875 wrote:
Thanks. I think it would have been clearer to say "once per turn you can move one fisherman" rather than use "a"


Saying "Move A fisherman" is the exact same thing as "Move ONE fisherman"

"A" doesn't mean all


Using the capital letter as you have done does indeed place the sentence emphasis on only one fisherman being able to move rather than the emphasis being placed on the once per turn part


why is the emphasis in the rulebook in the once per turn part? is it bolded?

And in my view, the once per turn part is as important as the move a fisherman part, because it makes clear that every time that it's your turn to play you can move a fisherman you have on the board...

both parts are important and both parts are very clear!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. C. DeMarco
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Geebee1875 wrote:
Muse23PT wrote:
Geebee1875 wrote:
Thanks. I think it would have been clearer to say "once per turn you can move one fisherman" rather than use "a"


Saying "Move A fisherman" is the exact same thing as "Move ONE fisherman"

"A" doesn't mean all


Using the capital letter as you have done does indeed place the sentence emphasis on only one fisherman being able to move rather than the emphasis being placed on the once per turn part


Regardless of any emphasis, "move a fisherman" means exactly the same thing as "move one fisherman", and "once a turn you can move a fisherman" means the same thing as "once a turn you can move one fisherman" except that the latter is less colloquial and therefore more confusing, not less.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.