Kingdom Builder» Forums » General

Subject: Is tavern OP?? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
adfasdf sdfaasdfasdf
Åland
msg tools
mb
Since the moment you make a 3 line house, you can add 1 more. So every single round, u can just add 1 more house there, finishing ur supply first, ensuring you get a higher chance of winning due to more points being able to be attained from the board ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schumann
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sure you can, until you run into mountains, or water, your opponent gets even more chits to place more than 1 extra settlement per turn.

It's just one settlement per turn, and maybe not even every turn. That's not more powerful than any other placement bonus.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carthoris Pyramidos
United States
Centennial
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My daughter loves to go for the placement tiles and try to exhaust her supply and shut down the game. I routinely win with 8-10 of my settlements unplayed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikko Saari
Finland
flag msg tools
http://www.lautapeliopas.fi/ - the best Finnish board game resource!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, the benefits from tavern are highly dependant on the scoring cards. In some cases, those houses may not give you any benefit.

With Knights or Discoverers, a tavern is a very useful tool, sure, especially if you can find a long line with no interruptions from mountains, water or opponents – but then again, other players will know that too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
waferjuice wrote:
Since the moment you make a 3 line house, you can add 1 more. So every single round, u can just add 1 more house there, finishing ur supply first, ensuring you get a higher chance of winning due to more points being able to be attained from the board ?

You do realize that there are several special actions which let you add an extra house each turn, right? So it's not clear why tavern in particular would be "over-powered".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Williams
United Kingdom
Penkridge
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In fact the tavern is one of the hardest extra settlement bonuses, the ones that allow an extra settlement on a specific terrain type (I.e. The oasis) guarantee that you will be able to place an extra settlement every turn where the tavern requires you to have a row of three which is often difficult to maintain.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.