Subject: Paradise Papers going live today rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Cedric
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools

Needless to say, Trump&friends and the Russians are well represented.
http://money.cnn.com/2017/11/05/news/paradise-papers-trump-t...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andre
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And this actually surprises you? Most multimillionaires have varied financial holdings, some of which may be tied, either directly or indirectly, to foreign powers, including Russia. This is really not some startling revelation, it's really almost a given.

And Trump rode roughshod over any sort of ethical rules/policy, that may have mitigated the "influence" that such business ties might entail.

But hey, he and his team are going to MAGA!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fightcitymayor
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
"This is a really weird game, and you’ll find that most people will not want to play this."
mb
abadolato01 wrote:
And this actually surprises you?
It's not about being "surprised" it's about communicating to a world increasingly filled with haves and have-nots about just how certain privileged members of said world are surreptitiously bending/breaking/violating laws to retain their wealth & retain their power. And placing the question before humanity in the form of: Are we all okay with this?

Framing it in terms of "DUH?! WE ALREADY KNEW THAT!" ensures nothing ever changes. And I'm sure the folks whose activities are in question here would prefer that exact sort of pre-emptive shutdown to the discussion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andre
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am not advocating silence regarding the hypocrisy, just that the hypocrisy is well known, well documented, and rather obvious, to anyone that does a minor modicum of research into it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edgar the Woebringer
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mb
Understood, but the problem is that very few people do put even a token effort into understanding things like this.

One one hand, they latch onto graphs showing % of taxes being higher on the extremely rich and it appears to be "unfair."

Ironically, even if the working class people stating "unfair" about the tax rates DID see the ultra-rich finding loopholes for their money, for many it shows just how smart and innovative these people are being! "It's just rewards for gaming the system, when I get mine I'll do the same!". Not to mention, it's way easier just to focus on the even-poorer-than-me lazy bums who don't pay taxes at all--they are the real problem! That's exactly how the ultra-rich want it...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Stiles
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
Shaman
mbmbmbmbmb
The big joke there being "When I get mine!"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James D. Williams
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
To paraphrase Napoleon...
Victory goes to the biggest legal teams.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.