Mark Gilbertson
United States
Duluth
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Read a review that said the card and cardboard stock in TI4 is quite a bit less "robust" than
that of TI3. Still trying to decide whether to abandon my "TI3 ~ TI:SE ~ TI:SotT" collection
and hop aboard the TI4 train.

Cheaper, easily damaged components would be a deal-breaker... any thoughts from current
TI4 owners on how the cardboard and the card stock in TI4 compares to that found in TI3?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kai fai wong
United States
san gabriel
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
it is still very solid cardboard. only issuer i have so far i play under the sun the map tile warp an bit.but warp back after it cool down.so long if not play right under the sun you be fine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Williams
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
BITS FOR THE BITS GOD!
badge
Staring in dumbfounded terror at Frans Raynor's neckbeard.
mbmbmbmbmb
I sleeve my cards so it makes little difference. The tiles in TI3 also get banged up after enough play and system shuffling, so not a big deal either. The edges of my strategy cards are a bit rough after 7 plays.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Schutte
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think they are much made of the same stuff. The real problem is the game is more fun and shorter so my copy has been played once every 2 weeks instead of once per year so it's showing wear from it's 25 extra plays per year. goo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.