Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joachim Sauer
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played this at Essen and loved it, so I got a copy.

Unfortunately both the demo copy and my copy have the same issue in that all the boards (player boards and central board) are bent quite severely.

This makes them rotate on a single point quite easily which is annoying as they all have "stuff" positioned on the outside. Especially the mechanic and hacker trackers on the player boards can easily lose their position requiring each player to memorize their position.

Is this a known issue? Anyone got a solution?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Mazzone
United States
Maspeth
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When you say bent, do you mean actually bent as in the cardboard was folded in some way and is creased, or bent as in warped from heat or other source ? Plenty of fixes for warped....not so for bent/creased (If thats the case, Id contact company).

However if just warped, lotsa people say putting weight on them will flatten them out. Look around here for other tips! meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fredrik
Sweden
Malmö
flag msg tools
Head like an orange
mbmbmbmbmb
Get a bunch of Heavy games or books and just put the cardboard under them for a few days. It will take away a the most serious warping. I recognize this issue with scythe fation mats but not to the extent you say that's the case for Otys.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sébastien dujardin
Belgium
Grandmetz
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dear all,

We are aware of this concern. It is due to differences in atmospheric moisture between the place of manufacture and the place of delivery. The problem is more marked on the first boxes sent to Essen and when the game is exposed to the sun or high temperature (which was the case in Essen). This concern varies greatly depending on the period of the year we produce ... Everything comes back in order when the boards are subject to significant weight as explained by Fredrik. We are studying the possibilities so that this does not happen anymore ....

Sébastien, Pearl Games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Soichiro
Spain
Jerez de la Frontera
Cadiz
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine are really bent as well

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joachim Sauer
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the feedback, I was already planning to try the "put heavy stuff on top" approach and will do that now. I'll report back if that helps (if I remember).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Roitzsch
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It works better if you press the boards with heavy books on top while they are heated (~50 degree). I used the oven for that. Now they are flat, hope that stays a while or for ever.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Ardianto
Indonesia
DKI Jakarta - Jakarta Utara
flag msg tools
badge
https://www.facebook.com/gopopnow
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, mine also suffer the same warping.
I do not mind warp boards if it's not affecting game play. Looking at warped board is not really a good sight, the problem may be solved as suggested by placing weighed on top of the board for several days or maybe warp them the other way around (if you cruel enough).

There is something else I want to mention here. Somehow the application of two layers on the player boards leave sticky surface below the top layer. This causing the mechanic trackers to stick or do not slide around smoothly.

It seems they (the labor) applied the glue into the whole area of inner side layer even though some part is not covered with the bottom layer. This cause the glue residue dried up and stayed in that surface.

The first thing I encountered this issue, I was thinking a solution for this. When they decided to use recessed player board, I think it's possible to implement the same technique for resource and reward slots on the board. Change the mechanic tracker tiles to cube and use the same recessed application. And use die cut slot for the flipped key tokens to avoid them moving around. Just an idea.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sébastien dujardin
Belgium
Grandmetz
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all,

We have finally come to understand the problem. The special varnish, allowing to slide well the parts, does not allow a good drying. We can therefore replace the most defecutory boards in a few weeks. Thank you for your patience and sorry for the inconvenience.

Sébastien, Pearl Games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.